Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,100 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 35 new post(s) and 39 new user(s).

• Dom,

Interesting. So am I correct in saying that with the RME card scheme you could process 16 channels of audio on the native side, then lightpipe them over to a Digi I/O, to get around the 8-channel internal bridge limit?

Also, I assume when you refer to the TDM version of EXS24, you mean HTDM, i.e., host-based, yes? Or does EXS24 instantiate on the Digi DSP chips themselves?

Peter

• last edited
    last edited

@plurye said:

Dom,

Interesting. So am I correct in saying that with the RME card scheme you could process 16 channels of audio on the native side, then lightpipe them over to a Digi I/O, to get around the 8-channel internal bridge limit?r

Yes. But essentially what I am doing in practice: I'm using ESB, so I have 8 channels only. I mix the native stuff down to a stereo stream (obviously can't use TDM plugs for that) but use the remaining ESB channels as sends to the TDM reverbs (TL Space, ReVibe etc). I do all the acoustic recording on the TDM side and use all the TDM plugs for that.

When you talk about the 16 native channels: of course you can have as many channels as your rig can take, but they have to be channelled out of the 16 outputs.

And yes, EXS24 works essentially as a HTDM plug if inserted on a TDM aux.

• Dom,

Cool -- thanks!

PL