Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,674 users have contributed to 42,622 threads and 256,575 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 29 new post(s) and 42 new user(s).

• I agree with Nick regarding the Environment.

In this specific case though, I don't think this is related with the Environment... they should show up automatically... that's really weird...

J.

• last edited
    last edited

@gjfontenette said:

Jerome, I activated the MIDI outs the same way, in the MolCpIII Control Panel, but apparently only the 1st 16 are responding, even when I test it. Any ideas?

Do you have any filters on them?

• Nick, It is the new version 3.0.1, . . . I just don't get it, it should show up in Logic. In Audio MIDI Setup, only 1 MIDI device shows up called "MolCp III Driver" and it has the MIDI ports 11-28. That's it.

I know what you are saying about the Environment window is correct, but I just spent the day trying to sync my machines via Ethernet using Audio MIDI Setup and Logic went crazy. I spent the whole day trying to get the right configuration in Logic's Environment. I'm almost over it now though. [H]

• Nick, It is the new version 3.0.1, . . . I just don't get it, it should show up in Logic. In Audio MIDI Setup, only 1 MIDI device shows up called "MolCp III Driver" and it has the MIDI ports 11-28. That's it.

I know what you are saying about the Environment window is correct, but I just spent the day trying to sync my machines via Ethernet using Audio MIDI Setup and Logic went crazy. I spent the whole day trying to get the right configuration in Logic's Environment. I'm almost over it now though. [H]

• last edited
    last edited

@gjfontenette said:

Jerome, I activated the MIDI outs the same way, in the MolCpIII Control Panel, but apparently only the 1st 16 are responding, even when I test it. Any ideas?

Do you have any filters on them?

What do you mean? I am using a D-Link DGS-2205 Gigabit Switch with Cat5e cables. I do have a router but it is not in the direct path of either Mac.

• Eurica! Simple solution. Just rebooted everything and everything is prefect. When in doubt, . . . reboot. [H]

• Glad I could help. [:)]

And now that you're not in a panic, you might want to poke around the environment. You can build a custom mixer with just what you want, save that as a screenset, and really make life easy. Then you can set up your pallet so you just command/click on the instrument you want and have it load onto the currently selected track.

It's intimidating at first, but you'll like it once you figure it out - and as I said, that really isn't very difficult.

• Thanks Nick, I'm on it. [H]

By the way, . . . Love the magazine. Not a subscriber yet, but I've been buying them off the stands.

• Thanks, I appreciate it.

• Well, not so fast fellas. VI's are loaded and ready to go, but, . . . I have 2 problems.

The first: The slave is receiving MIDI from the DAW, and I can record just fine; however, no matter what track I move to in the DAW using a MolCp III port, I only get the sound of the currently highlighted track in the Slave. In fact, any track I record on or highlight, in the DAW using a MolCp III port, will only play the currently highlighted track in the Slave.

Note: On the DAW, I created instruments in the Environment (Instruments Page)and routed their output ports to corresponding MolCp III ports sequentially. On the slave, these ports are not available for *audio instruments*, nor MIDI instruments.

I tried creating a couple of instruments on the Click & Ports page but the MolCpIII ports did not show up as an option. I did see them in the *Physical Input* object, but no place else.

How do I get 1 port, 1 instrument from DAW to Slave?

The second is: How do get the audio from my slave into my DAW in a, more stream lined way? On my DAW I have Digi's 192 I/O and on my slave I have an Apogee Rosetta 200 w/an X-FireWire Card. Digi's HW does not see the Optical or S/PDIF that I am sending to it, and it will not accept word clock from the Apogee. I'd like to keep everything digital.

That's it. [*-)]

• Hey... what do you use as a host in your slave?

J.

• I am using Logic in the DAW and Logic in the slave.

• That's how Logic normally works, gj - all incoming MIDI is directed to the track that's highlighted. You need to go into File->Song Settings->Recording and select Auto Demix by Channel if Multitrack Recording. Then record-enable all the tracks you want to address and assign them different MIDI channels.

• Nick, I got it. All I have to do is Option-Click each output on the Physical Input object (Click & Ports) and assign them to the respective audio instrument sequentially. I am now ready to write some music. Finally. [:D]

Thanks all for responding. Now if I can just finish this film.

• I'm getting ahead of myself. I still have the audio routing issue. Digi's 192 I/O is connected to my main DAW and Apogee's Rosetta 200 connected to my Slave. For now, I have both connected to an analog mixer (Mackie Onyx 1640) so I monitoring is no problem; I mean to say, I can still work while I sus-out this bump in the road.

Any ideas how I can deal with this in an efficient way? I have every kind of connecting cable there is for these machines. Ideally, I'd like to stay digital, and if I can rig up a clever system, all the better.

Thanks for your suggestions.