Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,253 users have contributed to 42,288 threads and 255,028 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 19 new post(s) and 49 new user(s).

• I don't know if this problem applies to Logic and Mac - but in Sonar you get
    clicks&pops whenever the VI is opened - as soon as you close (not mimimize - but close) the VI window, the problem disappers.

maybe you should try this before reinstalling...

• Sapkiller,

That was tried and still the same problem. Only when VI's are playing.

• ok - I'm not into Logic and Mac so I'm afraid I can't be of much assistance.
    I suppose you allready have defragged the HD's?

• I just got the HD's. They were formatted a couple of weeks ago.

• Dear GF,

I had similar issue with a Rosetta 800 and Firewire, I have since replaced Firewire card with a RME 9652 and use ADAT interface to Rosetta 800. My dual G5 is click free [:)]

Hope this helps

Regards

Dave Hage

• Wow! Thanks Maya and dfhage. I was beginning to think of myself as a complete idiot for not finding a way to make it work. Now I can save face with, well, . . .myself.

I appreciate the info.
    Peace,
    GF

• Oooh, I caused some confusion now because I assumed you´re talking of Apple Rosetta. Sorry! Now I realized that you´re talking of your Hardware Interface.

We do not have a possibilty to test this interface here (Apogee Rosetta) but I don´t see a reason why it should not work with Vienna Instruments (since no additional drivers need to be installed for it, right?)

As far as as I know the order of PCI cards in the right slots is quite important and might cause some trouble if wrong. I will try to get some more information on this.

Best,

M a y a

• Hi Maya,

All I was saying was that the Firewire connection seemed very prone to pops and crackles generally not just with VI on my G5. It is much much better using a RME PCI card into the Rosetta 800. Unfortunately I do not have a shiny new Mac Pro to play with - yet!

Regards

Dave Hage

• Okay.
    Thx for the information.

M a y a

• Great! [*-)]