Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,375 users have contributed to 42,392 threads and 255,499 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 64 new user(s).

• Add another 3-4 Gig by opening a VI stand-alone!

I do find that the most I can get the au's or the stand-alones to load is about 3.2-3.3 GB though.

Julian

• Interesting. So could you load VI within logic, and then load VI as a stand alone and get about 8gb usage?

Makes a MAC a bit more attractive.

• I did not make myself clear.........NO Stand-Alone needed......

When opening Vienna Instruments within Logic...the memory being used by Logic DOES NOT increase!

So you open circa 3.5 gig of Vienna Instruments IN Logic (not stand-alone)....NOW you STILL have circa 3.5 gig of EXS24 vienna stuff (old library) available...

SINCE, the way they set up VSL-server, it does not touch the 4 gig available to Logic..

On a MAC each app has a 4 gig cap.
    VSL-server is it's OWN app, even when run as a plug-in in Logic.

SvK

• even though i don't own a VI .. that'a incredibly interesting news SvK

thanks for posting it [:D]

• last edited
    last edited

@svonkampen said:

I did not make myself clear.........NO Stand-Alone needed......

When opening Vienna Instruments within Logic...the memory being used by Logic DOES NOT increase!

So you open circa 3.5 gig of Vienna Instruments IN Logic (not stand-alone)....NOW you STILL have circa 3.5 gig of EXS24 vienna stuff (old library) available...

SINCE, the way they set up VSL-server, it does not touch the 4 gig available to Logic..

On a MAC each app has a 4 gig cap.
    VSL-server is it's OWN app, even when run as a plug-in in Logic.

SvK

I'd be interested to know if this affects the sample count ceiling.

• I'd be interested to know if this affects the sample count ceiling.[/quote]

112,000+ samples!

www.julianscott.com/Vienna_7GB.jpg

Julian

• last edited
    last edited

@svonkampen said:

I did not make myself clear.........NO Stand-Alone needed......
    Guess I did not make myself clear either - I was asking because I'm only interested in teh VI, not the old EXS version. So I wanted to know if there was a way to access all that memory using the VI.

• last edited
    last edited
    hasn't somebody mentioned plogue beeing able to give access to more than 4 GB lately? i might be wrong though ....
    christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • I've used plogue a bit, but not whie monitoring activity monitor...but, I think plogue still uses the 1 set of memory provided by VSL Server...I'm thinking because it's still an AU plug-in on the same machine

• What JJ Roach said:

As soon as an AU version of VI is opened .........The memory goes to one place only VSL-Server.

So accessing more VIs by opening plugue or similar, in addition to the DAW does not apply.

SvK