Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,992 users have contributed to 42,272 threads and 254,969 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 45 new user(s).

• And you should be able to fudge things by using the stand-alone version outside PT with the IAC driver. The only thing is that you can't use DAE and CoreAudio at the same time - I believe? - but you should be able to get audio out of the computer and into PT with some ingenuity and money.

• Actually, the real solution would be for PT to add AU and VST support on the Mac side, and VST support on the PC side.

Lee Blaske

• Nick -- you can use DAE and CoreAudio at the same time (I do it all the time). Option is to run VSL standalone thru any CoreAudio h/w device, then physically plug it into the Digi interface (this works, I've done it). But I hate this type of setup -- too cumbersome and in general a PITA.

• You could even use the G5 optical outs for VSL into ProTools (set Optical to external sync -- you have to connect both in and out for ext. sync).

• As this thread is coming up on being two days old it will be greatly illuminating when the 'powers that be' decide to make some kind of statement about Pro Tools usage.

One way or another we should give them the benefit of doubt since the current Cube doesn't work on Pro Tools now. I do want to tip my hat to their ability to keep this product silent during development - and by the way, it seems elegantly conceived.

• Right Gary, but not through Digidesign hardware. I did forget that the 192 has an optical S/DIF, though.

(My brain is in MIX-on-the-old-&*^$&$&!!!.-machine mode, and also soon LE-on-my-G5-because-I-can't-justify-HD-for-what-I-do-much-as-I'd-like-to mode.)

• Does the 192 have an optical S/PDIF? If not then you just need one of thost M-Audio converters.

• Nick -- yes, the 192 has an optical in (8 in). You'd only get a single stereo pair out of the G5, though.

• Bump for a response on ProTools from the nice chaps at Vienna. [:)]

• last edited
    last edited

@Vagn Luv said:

Bump for a response on ProTools from the nice chaps at Vienna. [:)]

I did suggest the idea of testing the VST version with the FXExpansion VST-->RTAS Wrapper to a couple of people at VSL and I've now been told that they will be doing this. That's one of the nice things about dealing with these VSL people: if you ask a lot of companies to try something you'll get a reply saying "thank you for your suggestion, we'll bear it in mind" which obviously means "please go away and leave us alone". The answer I got from VSL was "yes, we'll try what you suggest". I look forward to the results. Hope it works! I'm sure they'll let us know.

Nick

Mac Mini M2 16Gb RAM 500Gb int. SSD 2Tb ext. SSD Pro Tools/Mixbus An awful lot of VI, Synchron-ised and Synchron libraries, amongst others. VSL user since 2003.
  • Yes. Thanks for your patience.

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL