Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,081 users have contributed to 42,273 threads and 254,977 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 4 new post(s) and 49 new user(s).

• Christian,
    Will the vienna instrument be capable of loading other VSL packages? e.g. Pro edition, horizon etc.?

Regards,

Alex.

• unfortunately not ...
    - *normal* libraries are 16 bit only
    - they are not configured in enough dimensions
    - older content is inherited in the new vienna instruments
    christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • Thanks.
    I felt sure this question would come up sooner or later, so now we know early.

Regards,

Alex.

• How many computers are licensed per copy?

• you need to have a VIENNA KEY attached to the computer you want to run a collection, but you can run each collection on a seperate computer if you want.
    christian

• what if you need to spread one collection across more than one computer, i mean for simple ease of setting up templates it would be nice to have all collections available on all computers.

• well, currently this must be put into the category *nice to have*. in case your setup needs it, it will be easy to transfer a collection license from one computer to another
    christian

• well the easy transfer is great, all you would need.

• so it sounds like a seperate purchase for a side license for addditional computers??

• as far as i can see now, there should be no need to run a collection on more than one computer (from a technical point of view)
    christian

• hmm performance is that good- via new ram engine?
    what about mir down the road?

• Hi Christian thanks for the replies.

Any chance on ellaborating on the VIENNA KEY? I guess its a USB dongle of sorts - any chance it's compatible with the Steinberg key - that would save me some hassle with USB ports....

TIA

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

any chance it's compatible with the Steinberg key
    [;)] yes

• Excellent I have three - lol. I remember the days when you didn't have to pay for them.....

• when you do spread it across multiple computers do you have to have a host on each computer, or can it stand alone? do we have to buy vstack or something?

I have always used giga studio so I am not used to plugins samplers very much. Thanks

• a VIENNA INSTRUMENT can run as AU, VST or stand-alone
    christian

• last edited
    last edited

@magates said:

I have always used giga studio so I am not used to plugins samplers very much. Thanks

I think that you will be able to use it exactly the same way as you currently use GS, if you want to.

DG

• It would be nice if all the hosting possibilities could be listed or at least the optimal hosting. For example I have a Dual 2.7 and two Giga platforms so I would run AU on the Mac and as stand alone or VST on the PC's or would it run along side GS or?

Anyone got 2 cents on that?

DC

• Can the Vienna key be the same key as a Logic XSkey? Or do I now need two dongles hanging on my system? If it can be the same key, is there a way to move the vienna key to a diffedrent key should I decide to sell Logic.

• dbuddle - if Logic uses the same Synchrosoft driver as Cubase then the answer would be yes - however not being a logic user I can't comment for sure.

The Synchrosoft driver is pretty good and you can move licences between keys quite happily - which is what I have currently done for things like Cubase and Hypersonic - they were on two keys now just the one.

Best