Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,093 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 38 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• Chamber Strings Giga 3 vs K2 articulations?

Hi,
    I have the Pro-Edition in Giga format and am just about ready to purchase the Chamber strings so I can get some realistic divisi (without having 20,000 violins playing [;)]). I run logic 7 on my mac G5 controlling a couple of giga macines.

My question is this:

What are the articulation differences between the two versions? One of my favorite things about the GS3 versions of my PE is the slew of combination layers, esp. MOD dynamic layers. Do the K2 versions have the same extra bling as the GS3?

I guess what I'd like the most is the .pdf manuals for the GS3 and Kontakt extra downloadable articulations. But alas, until you register your version, you can't dl even the .pdf manual.

I'd like to go with the K2 version so I had the option of using it cross-platform if need be. I'd just like to know what I'm getting/missing.

Any help?
    Thanks!

• Hi,

with the arrival of GS 3 all Horizon Series editions have the same features on each platform, the same programs and the same structure. To use any of your Horizon Series libraries on another platform, you need a side license (10% of the official price, available in our webshop, here´s more detailed info: http://vsl.co.at/en-us/65/71/173.vsl).

With Kontakt 2 and HALion you can of course use your libraries cross platform.

Hope that helps.

Best, Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL