Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,476 users have contributed to 42,741 threads and 257,160 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 44 new user(s).

• VE Pro 7 is always Sooooo.... Sloooooow.... Looking for suggestions.

Mac Studio 2022
    M1 Ultra
    128 GB RAM
    Nuendo 13
    VE Pro 7.3.3610

Response time after each click is multiple seconds.

I hired an LA-based music tech who works with Danny Elfman. Not a slouch. Fantastic guy.
    I followed his tips for set up. For example, instead of my initial approach of having one instance of Kontakt per articulation, he recommended loading up more than one articulation in each Kontakt, thereby lowering the number of Kontakts in my server setup.

I am aware of various strategies for lowering the amount of samples that load at start up. He never mentioned that and also really it doesn't matter what loads initially: the goal is to have a symphony orchestra in a box. That's a lot of samples. Even if at launch no samples are loaded, eventually I do want it to work with the entire orchestra playing.

Sadly this is my experience, at rest no less:

Does anyone have any suggestion? What else should I try?

Nicolas Laget

Mac Studio 2022 M1 Ultra 128 GB Nuendo 13 VE Pro 7.3.3610
  • Nicolas LagetN Nicolas Laget referenced this topic on
  • last edited
    last edited

short of not using Kontakt... I have found it too inefficient to populate an orchestra by at all.

more to the point (apologies if this is perfectly obvious already) there is the preload settings, if you're at default, 60kB, go significantly lower, like all the way. 60 is designed for the ancient times of spinning HDDs.

• @civilization-3 said:

short of not using Kontakt... I have found it too inefficient to populate an orchestra by at all.

more to the point (apologies if this is perfectly obvious already) there is the preload settings, if you're at default, 60kB, go significantly lower, like all the way. 60 is designed for the ancient times of spinning HDDs.

What would one use if not Kontakt? At this point my entire life is on that plugin. : ) But if there is something that runs more efficiently I am interested in trying it out. What do you use?

Mac Studio 2022 M1 Ultra 128 GB Nuendo 13 VE Pro 7.3.3610