Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

189,743 users have contributed to 42,672 threads and 256,823 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• Mozart Symphony #38

Mozart Symphony #38_Recorded with Vienna Instruments Library, Stand Alone Version.

https://www.broadjam.com/songs/johnminardi/mozart-symphony-38adagio

• Good job John,

in your description to the track(s) you write that you played these using the Vienna Instruments library standalone player. Are you playing them in one at a time and then editing afterwards for articulations etc or are you doing most of the articulation changes as you play? I'm just curious about your workflow! Also, which of the string libraries are these? Are they orchestral strings? Excuse all the questions but I'm keen to understand how these things are done. Either way I enjoyed the music.

Regards,

Tom

• @mcelvogue said:

Good job John,

in your description to the track(s) you write that you played these using the Vienna Instruments library standalone player. Are you playing them in one at a time and then editing afterwards for articulations etc or are you doing most of the articulation changes as you play? I'm just curious about your workflow! Also, which of the string libraries are these? Are they orchestral strings? Excuse all the questions but I'm keen to understand how these things are done. Either way I enjoyed the music.

Regards,

Tom

Hello Tom,

I'm so sorry for the late delay. I got busy working on another piece and I'm terrible at getting back to this forum.

I am playing each of the parts one at a time and doing the articulation at the same time. Essentially, I will read the music for, say, 6 to 8 measures at a time, then practice the part and then record it. Once all the instruments are recorded, I move on to the next group of measures. Very time consuming but a lot of fun for someone who's retired and hates putting puzzles together or watch TV all day just to pass the time. Also, I have had no formal music training but always loved the orchestra, even though I was a rock drummer most of my life.

The Strings are from the Vienna Library. I'm glad you enjoyed the music and thanks so much for the inquiry.

I just finished Uranus from the planets by Gustav Holst. I haven't posted it yet, but it should be up there by tonight.

https://www.broadjam.com/songs/johnminardi

John A. Minardi