Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,476 users have contributed to 42,741 threads and 257,160 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 44 new user(s).

• Definitive Finale 27 HP preferences settings?

Wondering--

What should Finale Human Playback preferences (HP) be set to to maximize perfromance?

I am using Sychronized SE v.1-4, and vol. 1/2 PLUS editions.

I am now using "Standard"....

It seems when I solve one issue--say, hairpin dynamic flutters---another corps up---fp not playing correctly.....faint dynamics...

I am constantly messing with HP settings. When they are good, they are very ,very good, but when they are bad....

Trying to write music and am dumping time I don't have into software fiddling...

• Hello Rich2265!

I guess you are already using the Human Playback Preferences "VSL SYzd Special Edition", right? These settings have been made for the SYNCHRON-ized Special Editions (including PLUS volumes) and can be downloaded with Vienna Assistant under Additionals/Notation.

Concerning dynamics, I recommend using the "VelXF sus" presets in Synchron Player and setting "Dynamic Approach for Sustaining Instruments" in Finale to "Modulation (CC#1) + Velocity for Attack". This can be done in the Human Playback Preferences under "Dynamics/Volume".

For fine-tuning playback, Finale may not be the first software of choice. It's easier to get good sounding results in DAW software.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hi, Andi!

Since you are talking about the exact setting and library I'm using in Finale 27.
    I wonder how I can get the accent articulation to work with "VelXF sus?
    Since it reacts on velocity only as it seems, the "Velocity" patch is the only option.
    Do I miss some setting or just a limitation in Finale?

Thanks!

• Hi petmar!

As far as I know, that's the way it is with accents in Finale.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Allrighty then. Thanks!