Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,572 users have contributed to 42,749 threads and 257,191 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 35 new user(s).

• Is it possible to make only the roll samples respond to Velocity XFade?

When working with Dorico to trigger samples, it is helpful to use the Velocity XFade rolls in order to control the dynamics in time. In those cases I send CC2 message and a message to turn on Velocity XFade.

For technical reasons, It would be more convenient however if the Synchron Player could respond only to the Velocity XFade on rolls and ignore it for all of the rest of the samples, which would ideally respond only to velocity (and not the incoming CC for Velocity XFade, CC2 by default).

Is there a way to do this that I am missing?

I am getting some buggy results by using Dorico expression maps to turn the Velocity XFade on and off.

• Hello!

The "VelXF rolls" presets are what you are looking for. They have single stroke dynamics mapped to velocity and roll dynamics mapped to VelXF (CC1).

Our Dorico expresion maps for Synchron Percussion also have both ways of controlling dynamics mapped. These maps and the according Synchron Player presets get loaded automatically if you use a playback template that you can create with our new Dorico Wizard. This tool is ioncluded in Vienna Assistant.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • I am trying the "VelXF rolls" preset on the Shakers, but the roll is not reacting to the CC input.