Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,575 users have contributed to 42,749 threads and 257,191 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Laptop recommendation needed please

Hi all,

I have asked this question few days ago in an old thread and it might not have been noticed, so I thought I will post it in a new one.

I am looking for a laptop to run some specific vsl products:

• synchronizd solo strings
    • Synchron prime
    • Synchron Concert D-274 light from special edition
    • Smart sphere

Can anyone kindly recommend the minimum ram and processor to run the above smoothly?

It will not be for heavy orchestration, I don't think I will be using more than 20 tracks at once, with piano and solo strings is the core.

It is mainly for sketching, I have strong pc to do the heavy work.

I will be using mostly Sibelius with GMT2, or studio one.

Will 8gb ram be enough to load the samples mentioned?

And what the minimum processor required?

Should I be looking for cores or base frequency? Will something like i5 1235u be enough? It is 10 core but the base frequency quite low.

I will definitely be looking for ssd.

My budget is limited, but I want to guarantee it will work fine

Thanks in advance

• @asaad said:

Hi all,

I have asked this question few days ago in an old thread and it might not have been noticed, so I thought I will post it in a new one.

I am looking for a laptop to run some specific vsl products:

• synchronizd solo strings

• Synchron prime

• Synchron Concert D-274 light from special edition

• Smart sphere

Can anyone kindly recommend the minimum ram and processor to run the above smoothly?

It will not be for heavy orchestration, I don't think I will be using more than 20 tracks at once, with piano and solo strings is the core.

It is mainly for sketching, I have strong pc to do the heavy work.

I will be using mostly Sibelius with GMT2, or studio one.

Will 8gb ram be enough to load the samples mentioned?

And what the minimum processor required?

Should I be looking for cores or base frequency? Will something like i5 1235u be enough? It is 10 core but the base frequency quite low.

I will definitely be looking for ssd.

My budget is limited, but I want to guarantee it will work fine

Thanks in advance

After some research, I am looking now at laptop with 16 ram and ryzen 7 7730u. Will this be enough a project using the libraries as described in the above post?

• @asaad Look at your desktop’s memory and CPU usage with projects of the size you want to run using those libraries in the laptop. That information will give you a good idea as to what you need in a laptop.

Just a beginner
  • buy the best laptop you can afford