Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,952 users have contributed to 42,268 threads and 254,960 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 7 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• Synchron Player is still very slow to open (1-2 seconds).

When jumping from a track to another it is a workflow killer.

Are there any improvements coming to bring it back to the speed it had before the iLok transition?

• adding video that shows the slow gui in Logic, but same thing in Studio One

I also tried with empty player, so it's not related to loading samples from disk or ram either, it's purely graphical looks like

• I've got this in Pro Tools. In my case it's not the Synchron Player - Synchron-ised libraries behave normally - it's only actual Synchron ones (in my case Elite and Duality Strings). I'd guess it's something to do with all those mic positions. It's the opening that takes the time: if I switch from a Synchron to a Synchron-ised or VIPro instance it's instantaneous, it's only when switching TO a Synchron library.

Mac Mini M2 16Gb RAM 500Gb int. SSD 2Tb ext. SSD Pro Tools/Mixbus An awful lot of VI, Synchron-ised and Synchron libraries, amongst others. VSL user since 2003.
  • but the issue happens with no presets loaded as well, so it can’t really be the mics i gather? maybe the background image they use in the synchron libraries slows down the loading process of the gui? cause i can always see it popping up after half a second, just guessing

• If I load up two -empty- instances of the Synchon player (v1.3.1137 - latest at this time) in Studio One 6.5.1, it takes about 0,5s to switch between the two.

With Duality strings vln1 and vln2 both using "Room-Mix presets Std/02 Classic" loaded in those 2 insances: 1s

With Duality strings vln1 and vln2 both using "Surround to stereo downmix/02 Classic" loaded in those 2 insances: 4s

So yes, I dare to say this is related to the number of mic positions. Honestly speaking 0,5s with an empty Synchron player isnt the best starting point either, but with actual instruments loaded this is a MAJOR pain.

Being a person that is experimenting a lot with mic positions, trying to get different types of spacial characteristics depending on the project, this is such a workflow killer - insane 😭😭😭 Especially when there are other players that do not suffer from this.

I split my A & B in Duality on seperate tracks, so thats already 10 tracks for a classic string setup. And I still layer/divisi this with Synchron Strings Pro in some cases, so make that 15.

Thats 60 seconds lost waiting to change everything into another mic position to try something new. Not great.

• Oh yeah, wanted to add that when you close the Synchron player window, it takes another second (or two) for the DAW to get control back. Like the player is doing something "on close", and when that is done I can continue doing other things.

• With me it only happens with Synchron-series libraries, not with Synchron-ised ones and the obvious difference between the two is the multiple mics. It's the same player. On the other hand I don't have the issue Bastiaan mentions above - the SP always closes instantaneously. The issue for me is opening an instance or switching from one to another. The time it takes seems to vary depending on how many mics are active.

Mac Mini M2 16Gb RAM 500Gb int. SSD 2Tb ext. SSD Pro Tools/Mixbus An awful lot of VI, Synchron-ised and Synchron libraries, amongst others. VSL user since 2003.
  • @nick-halliwell said:

With me it only happens with Synchron-series libraries, not with Synchron-ised ones and the obvious difference between the two is the multiple mics. It's the same player. On the other hand I don't have the issue Bastiaan mentions above - the SP always closes instantaneously. The issue for me is opening an instance or switching from one to another. The time it takes seems to vary depending on how many mics are active.

Well, to be clear, the window closes immediately. But the DAW is not responsive until a sec or two later.

• @Bastiaan said:
    @nick-halliwell said:

With me it only happens with Synchron-series libraries, not with Synchron-ised ones and the obvious difference between the two is the multiple mics. It's the same player. On the other hand I don't have the issue Bastiaan mentions above - the SP always closes instantaneously. The issue for me is opening an instance or switching from one to another. The time it takes seems to vary depending on how many mics are active.

Well, to be clear, the window closes immediately. But the DAW is not responsive until a sec or two later.

With me it's responsive immediately after closing. I only get the issue when opening or switching and only with Synchron series libraries. Synchron-ised products are all fine.

• keeping the presets browser of the synchron player open will also slow things down when opening/switching between instances, so at least you can speed things up by closing the browser.

but apart from the slowness what bothers me the most is the flashing background picture, i haven't found a way to avoid that, as you can see in my video above

• @ravez said:

keeping the presets browser of the synchron player open will also slow things down when opening/switching between instances, so at least you can speed things up by closing the browser.

but apart from the slowness what bothers me the most is the flashing background picture, i haven't found a way to avoid that, as you can see in my video above

Wow! That is indeed a big difference.

• nick.halliwellN nick.halliwell referenced this topic on