Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,089 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 40 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Logic Pro Articulation Sets not working properly with VE Pro 7

I have two identical EW Opus Hollywood series templates, with Aticulation ID sets, but one has the Opus instances directly in Logic Pro while the other has the Opus instances in VE Pro 7.

The Articulation Sets behave as expected in the only Logic Pro version, but not the Logic Pro template that connects to the VE Pro template.

Any ideas why? This is a recent problem.

• @Ashermusic said:

I have two identical EW Opus Hollywood series templates, with Aticulation ID sets, but one has the Opus instances directly in Logic Pro while the other has the Opus instances in VE Pro 7.

The Articulation Sets behave as expected in the only Logic Pro version, but not the Logic Pro template that connects to the VE Pro template.

Any ideas why? This is a recent problem.

Still no response?

• more details needed

• last edited
    last edited

Ashermusic, in my experience EW players' MIDI and audio interfacing have been pretty robustly and sensibly engineered in the past. I'd first of all try to get the simplest possible MIDI and audio communications working between Logic and Opus via VEP, first without using Logic's Art Sets - perhaps just one or two MIDI controllers (live or automated) accompanying some simple music MIDI for just one instrument of Opus in the VEP server - disconnect or disable everything else. If that works, build up the complexity step by step until you encounter the show-stopper. But if even the simplest test doesn't work, come back and describe your setup in detail.

"The US 1st Amendment does NOT allow you to yell "FIRE!" falsely in a packed cinema, nor in an online forum." ~ Dobi (60kg Cane da pastore Maremmano-Abruzzese)
  • @Helmholtz said:

Ashermusic, in my experience EW players' MIDI and audio interfacing have been pretty robustly and sensibly engineered in the past. I'd first of all try to get the simplest possible MIDI and audio communications working between Logic and Opus via VEP, first without using Logic's Art Sets - perhaps just one or two MIDI controllers (live or automated) accompanying some simple music MIDI for just one instrument of Opus in the VEP server - disconnect or disable everything else. If that works, build up the complexity step by step until you encounter the show-stopper. But if even the simplest test doesn't work, come back and describe your setup in detail.

Thanks. I rebuilt the template from scratch and now it works perfectly. Not sure why 😊