Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,489 users have contributed to 42,303 threads and 255,089 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• Please implement silent key. There are always more users who want a feature than you're aware of. And not all users are equal in terms of their benefit to your ecosystem, so just a simple scalar count doesn't tell you enough. Despite that, I'd say that 5 dissatisfied customers (in this regard) are 5 more than you want.

• Hi, 

Thanks for the reminders!

We have not found the time to add this feature yet. Also an improved algorithm for sympathetic resonance is still high on the list for our Synchron Pianos. Also M1 Native Support...  

Can't give you an ETA, but I can tell you that we hear you.

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi,

before next improved Sympathetic Resonance VSL update, here a Script Soluce for silent Key, and overtones, only for Logic pro 10 users (Audio Unit Version of VSL Piano Player):

Link : Only for Mac / LOGIC Pro 10 users

(One track for the main sound with Silent key/ Second track modified for Sympathetic resonance)

V3.8.8 : Updated -> 23 July 2022 :

-> added Overtones rules

-> use the Powerfull EQ VSL feature on each Steinway keys, to use only the first partial at +18dB, in Sympathetic Resonance Logic scripted track : (Very real now)

Latest version in this folder :

https://mega.nz/folder/s44gXSKK#-YkZ6lq2SH8q3RK7LoYgFw

Regards,

Olivier W. Fr.

• Hi Paul,

At first there was VEP 7 that needed all your attention. Now with Mir Pro 3D ready and rocking please fulfill your promise on the Sympathetic resonance and Silent Key request. It has been hanging around for such a long time. Come on guys! Enjoy your well earned holidays and when you're fully re-charged make us happy!

Regards,

Willem

• Hi Willem, 

That's our only goal, to make you happy. Even if it takes longer than expected, we'll get there. 

And I want to hear some incredible demos featuring the silent key!

Best, 
    Paul

• Just to throw in another vote for silent key support - even as a priority over improved sympathetic resonance. For the most part I've been happy with the Synchron CFX, but I can't recommend it to anyone else without this feature. It's good to see this thread is still getting attention, but it looks like this has been missing for a very long time.

• last edited
    last edited

Hello Paul,

After waiting for three years, may I ask you if there is any news about sympathetic resonance?

Best regards

Matteo

Hi Matteo, 

I agree, it's not as great as it could be. We'll have to invest some more research time to improve it, and I hope we can get to it soon. But I can't give you an ETA. 

Personally, I wouldn't make this a decisive factor for your decision, those Synchron Pianos are great as they are. Which won't keep us from improving them! Just my opinion 😊

Best, 
    Paul

[/quote]

[/quote]

• Hi Matte,

No news about sympathetic resonance yet, but some good ideas that might make it possible to integrate those "expensive" algorithms (in terms of CPU power) on modern computers. Once again, no ETA, but work in progress. 

Thanks for your patience!

Best, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Paul, how about silent key? How long should we wait? 10 years? Can't wait anymore 😢

• last edited
    last edited

@Matte said:

Hello Paul,

After waiting for three years, may I ask you if there is any news about sympathetic resonance?

Best regards

Matteo

Hi Matteo, 

I agree, it's not as great as it could be. We'll have to invest some more research time to improve it, and I hope we can get to it soon. But I can't give you an ETA. 

Personally, I wouldn't make this a decisive factor for your decision, those Synchron Pianos are great as they are. Which won't keep us from improving them! Just my opinion 😊

Best, 
    Paul

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hi Matteo,

Sympathetic Resonance AI algo, with routed audio use no CPU or new voices :

example with my scripted soluce with VSL and Pianoteq 8 chained audio in Logic 10 same Daw with a Mac mini :

Regards,

Olivier F.

• last edited
    last edited

@Matte said:

Hello Paul,

Best regards

Matteo

Hi Matteo, 

Best, 
    Paul

[/quote]

Hi Matteo,

Sympathetic Resonance AI algo, with routed audio use no CPU or new voices :

example with my scripted soluce with VSL and Pianoteq 8 chained audio in Logic 10 same Daw with a Mac mini :

Regards,

Olivier F.

[/quote] Hi Olivier,

Not every one have Mac OS.