Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,320 users have contributed to 42,292 threads and 255,048 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• Hi, 

I have requested access to these files, so that I can download and check those.

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, 

I have requested access to these files, so that I can download and check those.

Best, 
    Paul

Hi Paul, you should now have access. Thank you.

• Hi again Paul,

Just double-checking that you now have access to both MIDI files? 

As an FYI, I'm hoping that we can troubleshoot this matter more this week in case I need to request a refund for this VST while I'm still in the return window. At present, it remains unusable.

I should note that I'm also hearing occasional popping sounds when the VST is functional (it doesn't matter what polyphony level is used). Other VSTs I use do not exhibit this behavior.

Thank you again for your support!

• Hi Rik3Rr,

Sorry for the delay. 

We loaded your first  song and played with the settings on a M2 MB Pro, with the internal soundcard. Running GarageBand natively, no troubles here with any polyphony settings. 

Your "Take 2" song doesn't contain any MIDI data...  Really wonder what's wrong here. 

Just to be sure: Your NVME drive is NOT formatted in exFAT, right?

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul,

Both my internal NVMe and my external NVMe are all using APFS (encrypted) Could it be that the encryption is causing this issue?

Could iLok be causing this issue somehow? I'm using the cloud license option?

I have another MBP and I will load this VST onto it later and see what happens with it so as to compare results. 

• Please note that I turned off encryption today, as well as my virus protection (bitdefender). Nothing changed.

Again, in the Imperial Player, when polyphony is set to 160 or above, muting of notes happens after 1 minute of play, and then eventually the player crashes. 

I tried reinstalling Vienna Assistant, Imperial Player, and re-downloading, but the results remain the same.

I'm at a loss for where to go from here.

• Here is the crash log from Imperial Player this morning after it crashed while playing at 256 polyphony:

The VST is hosted on the internal NVMe, which is formated in APFS (decrypted now).

-------------------------------------

Translated Report (Full Report Below)

-------------------------------------

[Crash Report Text removed from post - please attach a text file]

• Last post today: I just tried booting the Mac into Safe Mode, but no change in result.

If you all cannot figure out a solution, then I feel like my only remaining option is to try reinstalling MacOS entirely, but I'm not excited to do that, for obvious reasons.

• last edited
    last edited

Here is the crash report I posted earlier but was taken down due to length.

ViennaU0020ImperialU0020PlayerU0020CrashU0020ReportU0020-U002012.21.22.txt-1696284287791-23rxk.txt

• last edited
    last edited

And here's another crash report with a different error code.

ViennaU0020ImperialU0020CrashU0020RepotU00202U0020-U002012.21.22.txt-1696284287917-niag2.txt