Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,022 users have contributed to 42,272 threads and 254,971 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 7 new post(s) and 54 new user(s).

• Is there an update on when VEP Standalone will work with iLOK?

As others have reported it either crashes uncontrollably immediately on opening older project files if eLicensor is installed or fails with an error message if uninstalled (not practical, as people may need it for other plug-ins).

The server version is fine for some scenarios e.g. Dorico, Cubase but there are others where the standlone approach is required.

It isn't practical to 'just carry on using the eLicensor' since people need the latest iLOK only versions of VEP if for example they're using MIR Pro 3D.

• last edited
    last edited

@DaveDrewry said:

Is there an update on when VEP Standalone will work with iLOK?

As others have reported it either crashes uncontrollably immediately on opening older project files if eLicensor is installed or fails with an error message if uninstalled (not practical, as people may need it for other plug-ins).

The server version is fine for some scenarios e.g. Dorico, Cubase but there are others where the standlone approach is required.

It isn't practical to 'just carry on using the eLicensor' since people need the latest iLOK only versions of VEP if for example they're using MIR Pro 3D.

I'm also curious about this, as I've just converted everything to iLOK and can no longer open VEP7 standalone mode (which I use for 99% of things). Has there been an acknowledgement somewhere that this is an established issue which is being corrected? I notice that some threads about the issue are not being replied to.

• Hi, 

Just fixed with the current update 7.1.1390, in your Vienna Assistant!

Thanks for your patience!

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Yes, just tried V7.1.1390 and the standalone immediate crash issue is fixed - opened and saved successfully.

• Great!

Thanks for the feedback!

Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, 

Just fixed with the current update 7.1.1390, in your Vienna Assistant!

Thanks for your patience!

Best, 
    Paul

Hi Paul,

Seems to be fixed here too. Thanks to you & the team for all your efforts!

• Paul,

The problem with automation panel being active despite of closing them all on exit is still there and definitely is NOT solved. To give more pertinent information I did a series of experiments and the findings are below.

1. For my experiments I used my existing project with 8 Synchron instances, 11 Opus/Play instances, 7 Spitfire Audio (BBC Orchestra), 1 SINE (Orchestral tools) and 2 Kontakts.

2. VEP with all automation panels closed on exit, on loading opens the panel for the instance being displayed during saving process. So, if I displayed first instance of synchron on saving, this instance will have automation panel open on loading.

3. I repeated this with first 2 synchrons without closing previous panels and then added the third and saved. What I got on loading was a disaster: all synchrons, all Opus/Play, Sine, both Kontakts and 4 out of 7 Spitfires had automation panels activated

4. Next I deactivated all automation panels, again displayed first synchron instance and saved the project. Then loaded the project, displayed Kontakt and saved. What I got after loading the project was ALL except one synchron instance having automation panel active.

5. In search for a "survival workaround" I once again closed all automation panels, displayed the first synchron and saved the project. Loaded, displayed all instances one-by-one, BUT before saving the project I displayed only first synchron and saved the project. When loaded the project had 22 out of 29 instances with active automation panels.

6. Next, again, I closed all automation panels, displayed the first synchron and then just saved and loaded the project 5 times without touching anything, just open and save. The 5th time ALL automation panels were active.

7. Finally, again, I closed all automation panels, displayed the first synchron, saved project and loaded it 5 times WITHOUT saving (just closing). This is the only situation when only one panel was active.

In conclusion I think that this bug is a non-trivial one, rooted probably not only in the process of active manipulations of/in instances (cases 3, 4 and 5) but also in saving process itself (case 6).

The project used in these experiments can be made available for your developers.

Witold

• Hi Witold, 

Thanks for your input!

Please send those projects to us: support@vsl.co.at, so we can check it on our systems. 

Thanks, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi Witold, 

Thanks for your input!

Please send those projects to us: support@vsl.co.at, so we can check it on our systems. 

Thanks, 
    Paul

Paul,

I sent you the project, but the file is 30MB, so may not have reached you. So I also attach it to this post.

Witold

MAXU0020FULLU0020STARTU0020(iLOK)U0020ONU0020CHANNELSU002013.07.2022.vesp64.zip-1696490646025-la1vm.zip

• Hi Paul,

Is there any news about solving the issue of automation panels in VEP7? With every update I search for information about being able to deactivate the panels so they would not reappear until explicitly activated, but even the latest update still suffers the same problem. I imagine that this issue may be very low on development team's importance list, but on my list it is rather high, because it forces me to waste time for endlessly switching them off. 

The answer to the question why they have to be deactivated relates to the number of instruments in a given instance and the surface of a UI of an instrument. I sometimes have 16 or more instruments in one instance and some of them get masked by automation panel when opened as Mixer channels, so I need the panel closed. Some instruments, like OPUS ones, happen to have large UIs that again get partially masked by an automation panel.

I also tried the function of saving the window setup as default, but it seems to work for a single instance only.

I remember I sent you several projects as illustrations to this problem. Were they helpful? Can I expect aby news in the subject?

Witold

• ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Vienna Instruments Pro on