Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,366 users have contributed to 42,392 threads and 255,498 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 68 new user(s).

• product page says:

COMING SOON! :)

now it sounds serious 🧐 

• What does “soon” exactly mean in this case? Wanted to upgrade to MIR PRO from MIR PRO 24 because I am working on a project with more than 24 instruments and now I am stuck in the limbo
 Murphy’s law :(

• Congratulations Dietz .. et al.

• Bravo VSL!

One little question- what strings library used in demo composition "Rhapsodie espagnole - Malagueña"? (very nice violins! I'm ready to buy this library just now! :))

• I upgraded to MIRPro3D(24) and WOW!!  What I'm impressed with is how much clearer the samples sound.  To my ear it's a big difference and I only have the Special Edition samples for the most part.  Excellent job everyone!  

I did notice in the demo it seemed one could bring in a track that was pre-recorded.  There was a vocal track I believe was being moved around the virtual venue.  How do you accomplish that?  

Steve

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

I did notice in the demo it seemed one could bring in a track that was pre-recorded.  There was a vocal track I believe was being moved around the virtual venue.  How do you accomplish that? 

😄 .... you can't, sorry. I mean - of course you can drag around an Icon in real-time as long as your CPU can handle the load and your ears can stand the inevitable crackles, but positioning is not an automatable parameter. - I specifically asked the marketing gurus at VSL to leave that part out of the video, but they all thought it just looked too cool. *shrugs shoulders*

Please excuse the confusion this has caused.

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • We’ll dragging the icon around isn’t really important but the marketing says you can include existing audio in addition to the virtual players (I’m paraphrasing). I just can’t figure out how to route that. Anyway again I’m blown away with the detail I hear now. It’s a dramatic difference.

• This is hasn't changed with the transition from legacy MIR Pro to MIR 3D.You can use MIR as a plug-in in any audio track (or bus, at that) of your DAW. If you're planning to stay inside VE Pro exclusively, there's the "VE Pro Audio Input" plug-in that routes a signal from your DAW into VE Pro, but be warned that this will tax your CPU surprisingly high for a number of reasons.

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Got it.  Thank you.  That was the piece I was missing. 

Steve

• Is anyone here composing with MIR Pro 3d loaded and running on their VSTi?

If so what is your buffer setting. I saw somewhere MIR prefers 512/1024

Im finding the latency a bit too high. I normally can run at 128 but Nuendo cpu gets really jumpy and occasionally clicks, even on my 12900k/32 GB ddr5 machine.

Playback with no midi track monitored live is ok but I'd like to be playing and instrument whilst hearing it.

• The manual suggests to keep the buffer size higher than the one of your host, am I wrong?