Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,043 users have contributed to 42,273 threads and 254,975 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 7 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• Hello, 

In many cases, our users mix up the Directory Manager and the Download Manager - could it be that this is the case here as well?

Can you post a screenshot of what you see?

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hello,

where can I find the "directory manager" ?  I would like to update Appassionata Strings I & II.

MfG
    B. Elsner

• last edited
    last edited

Hi,

The Directory Manager is found in your programs/applications under "Vienna Instruments/Pro), the Download Manager can be found in MyVSL=> Software Downloads.

Best,
    Paul

• Hallo Paul,

I switched to iLok and installed "VI Appassionata Strings - iLok" and the new Synchro Player.  There is no problem loading the free instruments like "Celestial Strings" but I can't find out how to acces the Appassionata Strings.  So I am quite lost ;-)

MfG
    Bernhard

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Bernhard,

Did you activate your licenses in the iLok License Manager yet?

Here is more information for you regarding license management.

Our FREE INSTRUMENTS cannot be stored in the cloud, you have to choose between machine-based licensing or ilok Keys.

Best,
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@elsner said:

I switched to iLok and installed "VI Appassionata Strings - iLok" and the new Synchro Player.  

You will need VI Pro player to access VI Appassionata Strings.

• Paul,

I have the vivolume files on my local storage disk. I also still have all the original dat files on the same local storage. Can you please confirm that the dat files can all be deleted? Thanks in advance.

Ray

• last edited
    last edited

Hi,

Yes, those dat files can be deleted if you have made the switch. Most comfortably with the option "Delete eLicenser libraries" in the Main Menu of your Vienna Assistant.

Best,
    Paul

• OK I now have licenses updated on three iLoks and Directory Manager lists the correct physical storage locations for the sample files.  The player GUI shows nothing available. How do I proceed from here?

• BUMP

I have several concerto projects, each with dozens of VI player setups (not VI Pro). What must I do to have the player show all of the active, licensed instruments? Please don't tell me I have to manually change every one of them.

• last edited
    last edited

Hello Peregrine,

In a nutshell: You need to download EVERYTHING you see under NOT INSTALLED in your Vienna Assistant, also the sample content for iLok.

This is how to make the switch to iLok, step by step.

Best,

Paul