Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,132 users have contributed to 42,275 threads and 254,984 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 7 new post(s) and 44 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Mike,

Here is the explanation for the VI Section!

And here for VI Pro.

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi Mike, [url=https://www.vsl.info/en/tutorials/faqs/ilok#VISE-sections-special]Here is the explanation[/url]for the VI Section! And[url=https://www.vsl.info/en/tutorials/faqs/ilok#ilokfreevipro] here for VI Pro[/url]. Best,Paul
    Hi Paul, What about the “ Special Edition Vol. 1 Percussion and More?” Is that no longer usable or available? Thanks, Mike

• It's in Volume 1 of Synchron-ized SE.

• last edited
    last edited

Paul, where it says:

Important

Please download and install both versions of VI Pro in the Vienna Assistant. The "Compatibility Version" is essential for a smooth conversion of older eLicenser projects that were using the "classic" Vienna Instruments.

Does "classic" just mean the non-pro version of VI? So if all my e-licenser projects were running VI Pro, I don't actually need to download both versions?

@Paul said:

Here is the explanation for the VI Section!

And here for VI Pro

Best, 
    Paul

• Hi Mike, 

The Volume 1 Sections are part of the VI Special Edition Volume 1. 

@Lucy: Correct. 

Best, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi Mike, 

Here is the explanation for the VI Section!

And here for VI Pro

Best, 
    Paul

So if I am reading this right the option gives you the full versions of special editions in the change to Ilok? Is that correct? I am pretty partial to all my winds/brass/perc etc from the special editions!

• Hi, 

I really don't know how to answer it any better... 

Best,
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Lucy said:

Please download and install both versions of VI Pro in the Vienna Assistant. The "Compatibility Version" is essential for a smooth conversion of older eLicenser projects that were using the "classic" Vienna Instruments.

Does "classic" just mean the non-pro version of VI? So if all my e-licenser projects were running VI Pro, I don't actually need to download both versions?

Hi. i'm not Paul. but yes that is what that means. Non-pro anything is discontinued. VI not-Pro turns magically into Pro; so you don't need that upgrade.

• regardless of what's in your projects, you have a license for VI Pro.

• "So if I am reading this right the option gives you the full versions of special editions in the change to Ilok?"

Yes, if you have even one part of a volume as VI SE you now have the whole volume as Synchron-ized SE Vol. n.
    Only one I ever licensed was SE Percussion, which at least now is in Vol 1. Now I can install all of Volume 1.

• last edited
    last edited

@civilization 3 said:

"So if I am reading this right the option gives you the full versions of special editions in the change to Ilok?"

Yes, if you have even one part of a volume as VI SE you now have the whole volume as Synchron-ized SE Vol. n.
    Only one I ever licensed was SE Percussion, which at least now is in Vol 1. Now I can install all of Volume 1.

Great thanks. I appreciate the clearing this up!