Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,314 users have contributed to 42,390 threads and 255,487 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 19 new post(s) and 64 new user(s).

• I have not received the email yet, even though I just purchased Synchron WW a few weeks ago.

When will I get it?

• Thanks a 2nd time Bill, and don't be sorry...I've learned the hard way over many years...there are no dumb suggestions.

In this case, yes, all my licenses are sitting (seemingly) happily on an iLok dongle.

• Having them on the iLok is one thing, but activating them is a separate step, which is why I asked :)

Dorico, Notion, Sibelius, StudioOne, Cubase, Staffpad VE Pro, Synchon, VI, Kontakt Win11 x64, 64GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, August Forster 190
  • last edited
    last edited

@belkina said:

I have not received the email yet, even though I just purchased Synchron WW a few weeks ago.

When will I get it?

Hi Alan, I think you need to have made a purchase after the change over to get the green light, otherwise it could be a few weeks.

Dorico, Notion, Sibelius, StudioOne, Cubase, Staffpad VE Pro, Synchon, VI, Kontakt Win11 x64, 64GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, August Forster 190
  • Yes, I understand the difference between having them in your account versus activated on a dongle...and indeed, all my licenses are definitely activated.

I am open to any and all suggestions. This has left me with an unusable system.

Thanks Bill

• In the middle of downloading my content. What's disappointing is that on a Mac there's no special icon for Vienna Assistant. It's a non-descript looking piece of paper with what looks like the letter A - I think this might just be the generic Apple application icon.

•  

I'll jump into this thread here rather than starting a new one :)

I have two products: Big Bang Orchestra and Great Rieger Organ. Both have transferred successfully to my iLok account. 

With Big Bang I have two activations available. I have used one to my desktop PC and the other is unusued. There is no option to activate to iLok Cloud. 

With Great Rieger Organ there is only one activation and this is only to iLok Cloud. Why is there only one activation and no 'activate to computer' option? 

EDIT: I have stupid 'Covid positive for three days' brain. Seems like all of the Syncron stuff is Cloud only. IGNORE ME FOR I AM A FOOL! :D

• last edited
    last edited

@sloughcreek said:

Yes, I understand the difference between having them in your account versus activated on a dongle...and indeed, all my licenses are definitely activated.

I am open to any and all suggestions. This has left me with an unusable system.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling Synchron Player yet? Worth posting some screenshots?

Failing that - and painful as it might be - you could uninstall and revert to the eLicenser-versions of the software if you need to get working...

• last edited
    last edited

Hello everybody, 

Thanks for posting here... We're doing our best to keep the overview ๐Ÿ˜Š

Of course fellow users will be able to help as well, but you're always on the safe side with a mail to our support team, with a detailed description of the troubles: support@vsl.co.at!

We'll get through those teething troubles very quickly, new updates already in the pipeline!

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul,

I have a gigabit fibre connection. Some of the downloads are comming in at 100-150 kB/s. I have a lot to download so this wont work. When I first started some of the downloads were at 50 to 60 MB/s. 

I have test the speed of my connection and get full gigabit from my provider. Is this happening because your servers are overloaded.

Thanks,

Dave

• OK, so the speeds seem to be back up again, but they fluctuate from very low (150-300 kB/s) to very high 

at (20-30 MB/s). 

Dave

• Hi Dave, The spikes are probably the downloads picking up one by one. Servers are busy bit weโ€˜re content with the overall performance. Thanks for your patience! Best, Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi Dave,

The spikes are probably the downloads picking up one by one.
    Servers are busy bit weโ€˜re content with the overall performance.

Thanks for your patience!

Best, Paul
    Something to add to this if I may - it may not be a single-hop from VSL to a person's home computer. And if somewheres along the way the path goes through a satellite that will factor into the download speeds. Also some isp's will throttle down speeds as well.

• Hi

Since i moved my licenses to iLok (cloud), Synchron Player takes ages to load (sometimes 5 minutes!).

I also noticed an increase of 5% of CPU usage for the PACE License Service process during the loading, so i think it is something related.

Can someone help me? 

• last edited
    last edited

@Nuno2013 said:

Hi

Since i moved my licenses to iLok (cloud), Synchron Player takes ages to load (sometimes 5 minutes!).

I also noticed an increase of 5% of CPU usage for the PACE License Service process during the loading, so i think it is something related.

Can someone help me? 

Get a real physical iLok and ditch Cloud anything. It's not reliable. Also what are your system specs?

• last edited
    last edited

@Nuno2013 said:

Hi

Are you opening an old project? As that's why it might take longer, as in the background, all eLicenser presets are being transferred to the iLok version. When you save the project and open it next time, it should be loading as fast as before.

Best,
    Erik

• I thought the idea of moving to iLok was to get rid of the dongle :)

My specs are:

CPU: i7 9750h
    RAM: 64Gb
    Internal SSD

• No, it also happen when opening in a blank project..

• last edited
    last edited

@Nuno2013 said:

I thought the idea of moving to iLok was to get rid of the dongle ๐Ÿ˜Š

My specs are:

CPU: i7 9750h
    RAM: 64Gb
    Internal SSD

CPU speed? Operating System? Have you optimized your computer for music work? Do you have anything else running on the computer?

You NEVER want to trust anything Cloud related as the performance can really vary from semi-ok to downright miserable. iLok 3's are quite a bit smaller than the iLok 2. Sooner or later you're going to need a physical iLok for other software - trust me on that as not every developer allows iLok Cloud or iLok machine.

• Ya Patience,

When I woke up this moring everthing was installed! I love the new managment software for the libraries. The move feature is great when you have multiple SSDs and have to move libraries arround for varoius reasons.

Dave