Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,185 users have contributed to 42,282 threads and 255,005 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 7 new thread(s), 22 new post(s) and 64 new user(s).

• Hi Brett,

first of all - ensure to close down the Standalone and delete your Synchron Player Standalone preferences file:
    %APPDATA%\VSL\Vienna Synchron Player Standalone.ini

This will ensure that we're starting from a fresh situation.

Then, select the RME driver only, choosing your preferred samplerate and latency. Please note that using a samplerate other than 44.1kHz will just cause a higher CPU usage and worse sound, since everything has to run through a samplerate converter.

Switching samplerates with the RME driver should be possible from the preferences window, without any strange artifacts as you have reported.

Regarding ASIO4ALL, I have tested this driver together with RME Fireface UCX, and I cannot make it work at all when switching between samplerates, regardless if I'm doing so in a VSL product or simply just in Cubase or Nuendo. I would not recommend anyone using this driver, if you already have a proper soundcard with a proper ASIO driver. 

• last edited
    last edited

Firstly, thanks for much for the reply Martin

linked to here

Regarding ASIO4ALL, I have tested this driver together with RME Fireface UCX, and I cannot make it work at all when switching between samplerates, regardless if I'm doing so in a VSL product or simply just in Cubase or Nuendo. I would not recommend anyone using this driver, if you already have a proper soundcard with a proper ASIO driver.

As mentioned above, I only tested the ASIO4All driver to rule out my RME driver as being the culprit.  I would never advocate using ASIO4All in a professional situation.  The digital sample-rate related artifacts were present using both drivers only at 48kHz, and only using the Synchron player, not VI Pro or Kontakt either standalone or within Cubase. 

Thanks for your suggestion above RE the 'ini files.  If you have any other ideas I'd love to know. Please read the thread over at vi-control for more information - https://vi-control.net/community/threads/synchron-player-strange-high-ringing-sound-issues-running-at-48khz.96889/

Brett

• Hi Martin

Any update on a fix for this issue?  As I mentioned in my previous post working at 48kHz is standard in film and television so dropping back to 44.1kHz is not a solution.

Thanks - Brett

• Just a quick head up for those affected, VSL has discovered the cause of the issue and is working on a fix.  No release date as yet.  Thanks to Andreas at support for all his help.

• Is there a fix for this problem? I am also experiencing it. High pitch sound keeps playing in the background.

• This problem seems to be happening after I load the expression map for synchron strings

• last edited
    last edited

@nektarios said:

Is there a fix for this problem? I am also experiencing it. High pitch sound keeps playing in the background.

Hi @nektarios

VSL sent me a special version of the Synchron player ages ago (v.1.1.2037 I believe??? - I'd have to double check) that fixed the issue, most noticeable with deeper instruments.  I haven't downloaded the latest versions but I assume they have applied the fix?

B

• Well, at this point I am not even using Cubase anymore. I switched to Studio One 5 Pro, and I am much happier... 

• last edited
    last edited

@nektarios said:

Well, at this point I am not even using Cubase anymore. I switched to Studio One 5 Pro, and I am much happier... 

No problem here at 48kHz in Presonus Studio 4, nor in Cubase 11 Pro, before or after loading Expression Maps. As you're not using Cubase, did you by any chance mean the new Articulation Switching system introduced in Studio 5.2?

Kind regards
    Niklas

• last edited
    last edited

Yes. I was using Cubase up until recently, until I discovered Studio One 5 Pro. 

@nektarios said:

Well, at this point I am not even using Cubase anymore. I switched to Studio One 5 Pro, and I am much happier... 

No problem here at 48kHz in Presonus Studio 4, nor in Cubase 11 Pro, before or after loading Expression Maps. As you're not using Cubase, did you by any chance mean the new Articulation Switching system introduced in Studio 5.2?

Kind regards
    Niklas