Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,241 users have contributed to 42,287 threads and 255,025 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 18 new post(s) and 44 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Eloy said:

Does this update affect CPU usage?

Thank you,

Eloy

For my setup, it is affecting CPU in a major way on my Windows slave.  Passages in large sessions that had no issue at a <256 buffer now peak the CPU and cause hanging notes at a 1024 buffer.

• Hi, 

Thanks for all your feedback. 

We will look both into the performance issues and into more possibilities to offer different scalings. 

The current version is what we could come up with, under the circumstances. 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Stephen,

My set up - 12 core 2013 Mac Pro and a 6 core Mini Mac 2018 slave using VEP 6. Upgraded to VEP 7 (beacause retina update does not work in VEP 6) and and new Pro Instrument 2 retina - it looks gorgeous! However, my CPU went through the roof/ buffer sizes went up,up,up. I had to revert, brook my heart as everything was so clear. Paul, I for one could live with  with Pro Instrument 2 at 100%. I look forward to VSL working on the performance issues. Thank you, Eloy

• Thanks

• Hello VSL Team!

Unfortunately, installing the new update on a DELL XPS15 (Win 10) and using it inside Vienna Ensemble (6.0.18443) did not work, nor did the standalone version!

I got the red "!Vi-Pro!" exclamation marks in the VI-Pro instances in VE.
    Updating the entries in Directory Manager had no effect.
    The standalone version would not start at all.

• I'm having the same issue as well,

In Vienna Ensemble Vi-Pro 2 doesn't work. I have updated the last version of the two apps and didn't work. 

The message: Toolkit: (Could not open plugin), and the ¡VI-Pro! red in the channel.

Best,

Antonio

• Hi everbody, 

VI Pro Retina currently only works in Vienna Ensemble Pro (most people are using this combination. 

Vienna Ensemble and Vienna Ensemble Pro 6 will follow as soon as possible, we're working on that. 

Best,
    Paul

•  

Thanks for the information Paul!

Best!

Antonio Z.

• Hi, i use veppro7 and windows10. Where is the option for choose 100% or 200%?

• last edited
    last edited

Hi,

It's the "Scale" button on top of the VI / VI PRO interface.

Best,
    Paul

• Paul,

I know it's small potatoes, but any chance a 150% option can be added at some point?

- Sam

• Hi Sam, 

I wish that would have worked, but unfortunately this scaling simply produced too many artefacts... 

Sorry to have no better news there. 

Best, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi Sam, 

I wish that would have worked, but unfortunately this scaling simply produced too many artefacts... 

Sorry to have no better news there. 

Best, 
    Paul

Ohhhhhhhh, that would explain it.  No worries at all.  Thanks!