Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,873 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,944 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 35 new user(s).

• HI Pixelpoet, 

I see that Ben has already answered your question at VI Control. 

Espressivo comes with a "swell", great for passionate writing. 

@ Steve: We have many plans, but I'm afraid we can't tell them to anyone :)

Best, 
    Paul 

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Just beautiful!🔆

Gunter

• Hi,

Will there be more video demonstrations available before the introductory offer expires? I'm particularly interested in the attack and release options and the agile legato.

Kind regards
    Niklas

• Hi Niklas, 

Yes, there will be more videos. 

Best, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Additionally, we created "Signature" mixer presets that come with a great sonic twist, to provide more options and inspiration for your music! 

Dear Paul, dear VSL Crew

Many, many thanks for the great string library. Here's some quick feedback from my first uses of the library over the last week. When the Chamberstrings came out around 2006, the whole world was excited. The samples were perfectly matched for that time, cleanly processed and from bass to violin almost the same range of articulations was available.
    All this is basically true as well for this library as well, only even better everywhere and now in 2021.
    The articulations fit well together, the sound is even more natural and musical, in my opinion.
    As an old sample user, I especially like the sustain and legato articulations that start with a little sfz. In the past, practically all legato runs had to start with an sfz and then go into the legato articulation for the rest of the run. Now the library does that itself. Another highlight for me is the détaché articulation, which is not fixed in length, but automatically adjusts to the correct length during play. Great!!!
    In short: With the new "Chamber Elite library" you can "make really good music".

Among your "Signature Mixer Presets" I personally find the preset "Default" the best. There you can hear the pure microphone signals. You can put together your own mix. I'm glad that you don't forget the people out there who still want to make a mix themselves, and prefer not to use prefabricated settings.

So thank you very much for the "default preset".
    For all who want to hear the pure sound: Elite_Strings_Example1A.mp3   

-------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding videos
    I'm currently working on a video that mainly shows the practical use of the synchronous player, how to easily choose the different articulations, how to set it up as a user. You will be able to download all the necessary files.
    Probably the video will be ready next weekend, because I have a week of vacations right now.
    I will publish the video here. As you can hear I will produce Bach's Double Concerto BWV 1060 in the video. The Elite Strings, the Synchronized Soloviolin and the VI-Flute1 and VI-Harpsichord will be used.  The Synchronized ProStrings will be mixed in a bit for the tutti parts... so soon...

All the best

Beat

- Tips & Tricks while using Samples of VSL.. see at: https://www.beat-kaufmann.com/vitutorials/ - Tutorial "Mixing an Orchestra": https://www.beat-kaufmann.com/mixing-an-orchestra/
  • fantastic.

• Hello, any chance for a divisi video with Synchron Strings pro ? That would be great. Thank you.

• last edited
    last edited

I have to log in again because I am super excited once again. Today I tried the Short staccatos "agile". They sound so natural and not at all like samples. I chose the beginning of Vivaldi's "Estate" for this test. Really a new level in the world of samples.

Bravo VSL! Cre_Vivaldi_Estate_Elite_Strings-Stereo Out.wav (16MB, short excerpt)

Beat

- Tips & Tricks while using Samples of VSL.. see at: https://www.beat-kaufmann.com/vitutorials/ - Tutorial "Mixing an Orchestra": https://www.beat-kaufmann.com/mixing-an-orchestra/
  • This has to be the BEST Strings Library i have ever owned.
    I do own SS PRO and many other VSL Libraries but this is
    another world, right next to SS PRO.

• last edited
    last edited

@Beat Kaufmann said:

I have to log in again because I am super excited once again. Today I tried the Short staccatos "agile". They sound so natural and not at all like samples. I chose the beginning of Vivaldi's "Estate" for this test. Really a new level in the world of samples.

Bravo VSL! Cre_Vivaldi_Estate_Elite_Strings-Stereo Out.wav (16MB, short excerpt)

Beat

Hi Beat,

Those Short Staccatos "agile" sound amazing, very realistic, and beautiful timbre. WOW ! 

Thanks for sharing. 

Synchron Elite Strings seems to be Perfect for Baroque music, i.e.  Vivaldi, Bach, Handel, ..etc. 

I wish VSL had a good Baroque style audio demo for Synchron Elite Strings. I feel it is missing from their audio/video demos of the library. 

Enjoy using Synch. Elite Strings in your productions. 

😃

Cheers,

Muziksculp 

• Since Elite Strings don't contain sordino patches, I wonder how the muted strings in the Morricone demo was done. If this is not a secret of the composer, may I ask how this was achieved? A dedicated plug-in? The internal Synchron Player effects?

Paolo

• last edited
    last edited

@PaoloT said:

Since Elite Strings don't contain sordino patches, I wonder how the muted strings in the Morricone demo was done. If this is not a secret of the composer, may I ask how this was achieved? A dedicated plug-in? The internal Synchron Player effects?

Paolo

Maybe a filter ? or some kind of an IR treatment ? 

• last edited
    last edited

@muziksculp said:

Maybe a filter ? or some kind of an IR treatment ? 

Maybe it's the plugin from Numerical Sound. Not the real thing, but still very usable in a mix.

Paolo

• I just tried "VSL for Dorico v1.0.67".  And it works ;-)  - Maybe delete this posting, the error was on my side.

There is a new Playback Template (Wiedergabevorlage) for VSL Synchron Elite Strings. Unfortunately, if I apply this template, it seems to load Solo String Presets from the SYNCHRON-ized Special Edition, not Patches from Synchron Elite Strings. I double checked my configuration, this seems to be a bug. Maybe you check it out when you get a chance.

Thanks for the library, it is excellent!

• last edited
    last edited

@PaoloT said:

Since Elite Strings don't contain sordino patches, I wonder how the muted strings in the Morricone demo was done. If this is not a secret of the composer, may I ask how this was achieved? A dedicated plug-in? The internal Synchron Player effects?

Paolo

Hi Paolo,

I achieved the sound with the Cloudburst signature preset as a starting point as this preset has a lot of high-frequency information. Then I added EQ and Exciter. I put the Exciter on everything, as I think it can make the orchestra breathe (but be careful with the settings, as you can overdo it easily). The EQ worked for this piece as it was short and didn't use chromatic material.

Erik

• last edited
    last edited

@erisno said:

I achieved the sound with the Cloudburst signature preset as a starting point

Ah, thank you very much for explaining it! All considered, you used ordinary tools to make something extraordinary. So, I guess it's more the ear than the tools!

Paolo

• Hi,

Can we still expect a detailed walkthrough video of VSL Synchron Elite Strings to be posted soon, or has VSL decided to not bother making a detailed video for this library ?  

I find it very odd that they would not make one. 

Thanks,

Muziksculp 

• last edited
    last edited

Hi muziksculp, 

Lots going on in Vienna right now, and luckily, a few reviewers have already found the time time to go though the library!

Find the growing YouTube playlist right here

Best,

Paul

• There is not a shred of doubt in my mind now: this library is something very, very special. Lots and lots of masterly finesse by these superb musicians has been so beautifully recorded and meticulously edited and prepared for our use. The result is so very VSL. Brava e bravo! Congratulations to the entire team!

In particular I was captivated and left deeply impressed by the sounds and abilities of Elite as demonstrated by Ruben on his HIFIMIDI YT channel (see Paul's YT playlist just above). Also thanks to Ruben, now for the first time I've really heard and understood the exquisite virtues of Agile.

Well I've tried to hold back but .... my bank account is going to be hammered yet again, lol.

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi muziksculp, 

Lots going on in Vienna right now, and luckily, a few reviewers have already found the time time to go though the library!

Find the growing YouTube playlist right here

Best,

Paul

Hi Paul,

OK, Thanks. I will check the other non-VSL resources of Elite Synch. Strings. 

Looking forward to see more amazing libraries from VSL, Exciting times ahead ! 

Cheers,

Muziksculp