Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,088 users have contributed to 42,273 threads and 254,977 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 3 new post(s) and 49 new user(s).

• Thanks Paul!

Best,

Jeff

• Many thanks.

I'd avoid the cloud if only because I sometimes like to work in places where there's no wifi but that's just me!

Cheers.

• Although I never considered a bad thing the fact of using the eLicenser dongle, I wonder if it is also in discussion the possibility of Linux compatibility with the licensing management system that will replace it.

Can we dream of the chance of having dedicated slave pc units running Vienna Ensemble Pro on Linux? I know it's quite a stretch, but since there will be a migration from eLicenser to iLok (don't know much about iLok compatibility with Linux distros though), wonder if that was actually considered by the good people of VSL.

In any outcome, I'll still going to keep supporting VSL products :D

• Paul:

Will there be Ilok computer authorizations as well as hardware Ilok?

• Hi beatpete, 

We are looking at iLok key and iLok cloud right now. No computer authorizations. 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Ok that's a shame. It would be perfect for me if I could have my 3 licenses on my Main comp, server and laptop and not have to worry about internet or hardware.

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi everybody, 

We'll keep you up to date right here, and of course you will also be informed via newsletter as soon as we are entering the transition phase!

@LAJ: "Lizenzdaten-Wildwuchs" is one of those german words that makes people afraid of our language 😊.

Best,
    Paul 

Was an email sent out about this announcement? I regularly get VSL emails but saw nothing about this. Found out when browsing another music forum.

• Hi, 

For now, we have announced these news only in our forum, but of course an update willl also follow via newsletter, when we have more information. 

Best, 
    Paul

• Hello, Paul,

If I move my licenses to iLok cloud, does that mean that I will be able to sell and transfer my licenses without having to ship the physical key?

Cordially,

Tunai

• Hello Tunai, 

Your licenses will be managed in your iLok account and you will be able to transfer your licenses without shipping a physical key, under our supervision. 

Best,
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

Good to hear 😃

• This shouldn't be buried in the Synchron Libraries subform.

And I am glad to read this.

• Dears,

I have some questions.

1. What will happen with Protection Plan?

2. Will iLok work off-line?

3. If you need beta testers? If yes, I can offer my help :-), as I am huge fan of VSL.

Best regards,
    Seweryn.

• last edited
    last edited

Hello Seweryn, 

Some answers for you: 

1) The Vienna Protection Plan will keep on working for your eLicenser key(s).

2) iLok will work offline if you have an iLok key. 

3) Thanks for your offer, we will definitely handle the main checks in-house. But it's good to know that we can count on you 😊

Best, 
    Paul

@habdank said:

Dears,

I have some questions.

3. If you need beta testers? If yes, I can offer my help 😊, as I am huge fan of VSL.

Best regards,
    Seweryn.

• last edited
    last edited

Hey....any idea when the iLok cloud change will be coming? 😊

can't wait to not have my dongle hanging dangerously from my laptop!

@habdank said:

Dears,

I have some questions.

3. If you need beta testers? If yes, I can offer my help 😊, as I am huge fan of VSL.

Best regards,
    Seweryn.

[/quote]

• Hi Del, 

I'm afraid I can't give you an ETA at this point. We're definitely getting ahead, but will announce the final transition only when we are REALLY ready. 

Also looking forward to this! Thanks for your patience. 

Best, 
    Paul

• Good man. Looking forward to it :D

• last edited
    last edited

Hello everybody,

I hope you are all enjoying summer (and of course winter, on the other side)!!

We are working on all the necessary steps that will make your future transition to iLok as comfortable as possible, and there are a few things we can already share with you!

More details and instructions will follow when the time has come.

VIENNA PROTECTION PLAN

Starting August 1st, the Vienna Protection Plan will be reduced to a run-time of 1 year.
    New price: €30

Also, the day we’re making the iLok License Management platform available for all of our users:

• We will stop selling Vienna Protection Plans.
    • We will stop selling ViennaKeys.

YOUR TRANSITION to iLOK

As soon as you have registered your iLok account with us (we will let you know when this is possible):

• Your iLok licenses will be delivered to your iLok account automatically.
    • Your original eLicenser licenses will remain on your account, but cannot be transferred to any other account.

TIP: This could be a good time to register with iLok, if you don’t have an account yet. It’s FREE!

GOOD TO KNOW

- iLok offers a Zero Downtime Coverage and a Theft & Loss Coverage, please find more details here!
    - All future VSL software will be available with iLok protection only.
    - There will be new sample content and software versions available for you to download. An advanced Download Manager will make this a breeze.
    - You will have to decide whether you’d like to work with iLok or eLicenser for each Vienna Software product. Our recommendation: Perform a complete transition of all your products right away.
    - The following products will NOT be available on iLok: Vienna Ensemble Pro 3/4/5/6, Numerical Sound FORTI/SERTI and ISP:IR (discontinued in 2014).

So the only immediate change affects the Vienna Protection Plan, but we hope that this additional information will help you prepare for the changes in your system.

IMPORTANT: You will have enough time for the transition to iLok and of course our excellent support team will be there to help with all your questions!

All the best from Vienna,

Paul

• Thanks for the helpful update, Paul. But I still have a big worry. Will the new iLok Licensing system let me dual-boot my computer?

If you'll indulge me, there's a bit of a back story to this.

Besides the pain of having just done a clean upgrade from High Sierra, I'm still reeling from my horror in discovering what Big Sur is about. Apple have pretty much dropped the last vestiges of their coy pretences and now their self-image is unmistakably on show in Big Sur:- they are our feudal lords; we are their bonded serfs. Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg and Jeff Bezos suddenly look like nice, warm-hearted philanthropists!

Long story short, I really need to win back some latitude.

To do that, I'm planning to use my iMac as a dual-boot system (perhaps "multi-boot" is a better description) for the foreseeable future: either to go back to High Sierra for serious work (I'm back there right now); or forwards to test my stuff in Big Sur, Monterey, etc (or else sideways into Windows using Boot Camp so I can enjoy time out with some great video games once more).

Will your iLok system allow us to move all our licenses back to the cloud temporarily, then reboot into a different OS on a different storage drive, then download our licenses back from the cloud into the current OS system drive, ready for use without further ado?

My big hope is in realising that those of your pro customers who travel and use several different computers, already have a similar need for conveniently 'mobile' VSL licenses.

• Hi Macker, 

Thanks for your reply.

Dual-booting shouldn't be a problem.
    With the cloud, your licenses will be available on the computer you are logged in (and only on this one), and if you are using the iLok key, it will be recognized on both OSs. 

Best,
    Paul