Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

189,119 users have contributed to 42,649 threads and 256,716 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 57 new user(s).

• To answer my own question just in case anyone else later has the same:

Moving the sections around in space was amazingly effortless. I removed the room mic, panned the close mic to center and increased the volume, and spread the main mics fully. After that it just plopped right into MIR and works as expected. I'd even say it sounds better than the completely dry Dimension Strings, even with the remaining reverb from the samples.

Forcing strings or finger positions is not supported.

• This is a great library!

Just one question @VSL: Why are the "05_Main-C" files for the 1st and the 2nd violins >6 GB? They are in Mono and should be half as big as the Stereo-files. "05_Main-C" for Violas, Violoncellos and Basses as well as all of the "Close" files are only around 3 GB which is "correct" in my opinion. Thanx!

Bilbo

• Hi,

For Synchron Strings Pro Standard, do the Room Mix presets such as Room Mix Wide and Ambient contain sound from the Surround Mics?  Or is this only for Room Mixes in the Full version (which has the separate Surround mics)?

Thanks,

Walter

• Hi Walter

The download for the Full Library only contains the files with the additional mic positions (Back, Main Surround, High Stereo and High Surround) for each section, but no kind of "enhanced" Room Mix. So yes, as I understand, the Room Mix in the Standard Library already contains those mics as well.

Best regards, Bilbo

• Hi, 

That's correct, the Room-Mix also contains the signals from the additional room mics contained in the Full Library. 

Best,
    Paul 

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hello, Please I need a quick reply, I want to cross grade from synchron strings 1, Where can I find the link and prices? I want all to have blackfriday promotion

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Adia,

Then get some vouchers (3+1 Special Offer) and benefit from 25% discount.

Best,
    Paul

• I would be happy to do a crossgrade as an early adopter of Synchron Strings 1 - I never used it because I didi not like it too much. But this new version of Synchron Strings sounds great. Paul, I hope you will find a solution for me.

• Hello,

there's a reason why starting a phrase with legato patches causes the first note to be much lower in volume than the following one? That causes a very annoying bump in the music. Other VSL strings libraries don't have this issue.
    Someone can help?

Mac Studio M1 Ultra macOS Sonoma 14.6.1 Studio One 6.6
  • Hello lupine, 

No reason. Can you please post an example and tell us which articulation you are playing?

Best, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hello lupine, 

No reason. Can you please post an example and tell us which articulation you are playing?

Best, 
    Paul

Hello Paul,

I have attached an audio excerpt (violins 1 only) from my current project and a screenshot of Cubase editor.
    Here I am using the legato patch only, no xfade and max velocity on first note.

Hope you can help
    Bests

• Hi, 

Seems like the first note doesn' have enough time to get started. Did you try with the Legato Agile, which is designed for faster passages?

Best, 
    Paul

• Dropping a quick line to share my thoughts on Synchron Strings Pro:

This is a fantastic library!  You have successfully managed to capture the strengths of your dry VI libraries (great legato patches, consistent/organized layout, flexibility of use) and the strengths of ambient libraries (depth of sound, out-of-the-box ease of use) and minimized or eliminated the cons of each.  I don't pretend to understand how you did it, but you actually made legato work and work well with multi-mic samples.  What's more, you've refined the Synchron Player to become the powerhouse it should be and - despite a few quirks - it works just as well (or better, in some cases) than the VI player.

A few details beyond the "legatos are amazing, shorts are spacious, and it sounds gorgeous" feedback that I really love:

• The XF sus presets (and the ability to set Vel XF on a patch level) are a godsend.  Switching Vel XF on/off is a PITA.  I would love to see this feature implemented in the VI player if possible.
    • The way this library handles attack/release (as well as the time-dependent release scaling) has streamlined the process of creating lines that combine motion and repeated notes.  I really like this approach and think it is a far more intuitive and musical way of creating the same flexibility as the VI libraries with a third of the articulations necessary.

A few things I would love to see implemented (in the Synchron player) in the future:

• Access to and control of round robins (similar to VI Pro)
    • The ability to switch release samples on and off (rather than have separate patches for "Normal" and "Cut" release.  The A/B switch controlling this was much simpler and less cluttered.
    • More granular/numeric control over custom curves for CC sliders.

This is a workhorse, through and through, and layers wonderfully with everything from Dimension to Appassionata to Solo to whatever is sprinkled on top via MIR Pro.  I look forward to making bucketloads of music with it.

I also eagerly look forward to Synchron Strings Sordino, Synchron Brass (especially this), and Synchron Woodwinds :-)  If anything like this library and up to its standards, consider them already bought and paid for!

Sincerely, 

- Sam

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your feedback, really happy to see that our efforts pay off!

Regarding Vel XF in VI / Pro: You can already set your preference on a slot level in VI / VI Pro (Advanced View => Slot Editor).

Not sure how much control over the repetitions we can / want to achieve, but this is a task that#s on our list.

Release Samples: This was also a design question. My personal guess is that 90% of our users never switched off the release samples. But I could be wrong.

Curves: True, and this is pretty high on the list, as far as I can see.

Unfortunately I cannot give you an ETA on any features, but I can tell you that we're becoming faster and faster, also in 2021!

Best,
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, 

Seems like the first note doesn' have enough time to get started. Did you try with the Legato Agile, which is designed for faster passages?

Best, 
    Paul

Hi Paul,

many thanks, using Legato Agile on the first note and regular Legato on the following ones solved my problem!

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

Regarding Vel XF in VI / Pro: You can already set your preference on a slot level in VI / VI Pro (Advanced View => Slot Editor). 

I think I might be blind.  Cannot believe I missed this 😳 Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go update approx. a gazillion presets or so...

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Release Samples: This was also a design question. My personal guess is that 90% of our users never switched off the release samples. But I could be wrong. 

Hi

Personally, the only time I switch off the release samples in VI Pro is when I use the Konzerthaus Organ in conjunction with MIR Pro, as Dietz recommended.

Best, David

• Dear all,

I've been looking through the forums etc, and wondered if anybody has used SSP with Dorico.  The number of articulations in this library makes it look like it could become the 'goto' library. 

• https://forum.vsl.co.at/topic/57244/Elgar Enigma Variations/301847

• Purchased this a couple months ago and sound very good. But any idea when Synchron Strings Pro will be NKS ready for Komplete Kontrol ? thanks