Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,272 users have contributed to 42,288 threads and 255,034 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• Hey MMKA - 

I wasn't aware of that particular set.  Thanks for the link!

Happy composing, 

Eric

• I would kick in $100 (US) to get Expression Maps for Solo Strings.

• Hey EricNJ et al -

I'll re-designate my original $1k for just solo strings too!  There have to be some experts out there that can get this one done?  Conditions:  Veracity/quality to be confirmed by Andi!

Happy composing everyone..., 

Eric

• why on earth would you want to crowdfund something like this when a few people have already created maps and have made them available for free download on the Dorico forum.  Of course the natural answer is that you want the highest quality. The problem is that many of the libraries are so complex that everyone will use them in different ways. I'm perfectly happy with my own sy-ed solo strings maps and if I used anyone else's would certainly have to adjust them to my own tastes. Likewise, I would expect anyone using mine to also make  adjustments to suit their own requirements as this is a complex library which can be configured in many different ways. That's not to say that a library with strong input and quality-checking by VSL wouldn't be valuable -- of course it would.

Having said that, I'm interested what the "official" VSL maps for the rather simpler Synchron-ized SE will be like when they are released, (maybe next Wednesday along with the video). I do hope they support all the latest features in Dorico as that will make it easier to see if I might have missed a trick or two when designing my own. And I'm sure they will be invaluable for those who don't have the time or inclination to go down that road.

• As far as I can tell there is nothing currently available for Solo Strings - that is my need.

• Hello,

I don't know if you're looking for VI or Synchron, but for information Dorico Expression Maps for Synchron Solo Strings can be found here:

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=246&t=191899

Regards,

Gil.

• as well as Gil's suggestion, you can try out my latest (and a previous version) here https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1018457#p1018457

In theory, all the maps are supposed by collected by the Dorico board into one single sticky (which you may well have seen) but it is far from complete so you need to hunt around a bit. I repeat my caution that the Solo Strings are too complex for any single map to provide all the answers to everyone and most will want to modify a few things at least according to taste. Mine are based on the "Basic" template but with modifications and are designed primarily for the classical string quartet/quintet/sextet.

For VI there are to my knowledge, only the Cubase maps, though I could be wrong. VSL are not going to support VI maps from what I understand.

• last edited
    last edited

@fanagiga said:

Hey EricNJ et al -

I'll re-designate my original $1k for just solo strings too!  There have to be some experts out there that can get this one done?  Conditions:  Veracity/quality to be confirmed by Andi!

Happy composing everyone..., 

Eric

Hi Eric -

Is your offer of $1k for solo strings still on the table?   If yes, I am willing to reach out to Daniel @ Dorico and see if it is OK to post this on the Dorico Forum

• This will be of interest:

https://www.articulate-preset.com/articulate-map

Dorico, Notion, Sibelius, StudioOne, Cubase, Staffpad VE Pro, Synchon, VI, Kontakt Win11 x64, 64GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, August Forster 190
  • I've spent some time looking at this today and it's obvious a lot of work has gone into it. I urge Dorico VIPro users to investigate as the alternatives are not that numerous to the best of my knowledge.

• Did you purchase, or just using the demo?

Yes, a lot of work! I'm sort of disapointed they used Program change instead off CCs to switch matrices.

Dorico, Notion, Sibelius, StudioOne, Cubase, Staffpad VE Pro, Synchon, VI, Kontakt Win11 x64, 64GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, August Forster 190
  • These days I'm mostly a user of the Synchron-ized libraries (apart from anything else, they're easier to programme in Dorico, I think) so haven't purchased anything as yet but I know that many still swear by the VI versions and it's obvious this is a labour of love.

• Hello,

About the Dorico Articulate Map for VI instruments, you can check this Dorico forum thread for more information:

https://forums.steinberg.net/t/introducing-the-new-articulate-map-complete-dorico-support-of-most-of-the-vsl-super-package/679150

Regards,

Gil.

• Hello,

I downloaded the articulation maps for the solo strings, a lot of the available VSL patches are listed in the Dorico  Notations toolbox. Did not get it to work yet, but I am still familiarizing with Dorico, and possibly due to confusing, for me, naming

Gerard

• ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on