Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,067 users have contributed to 42,273 threads and 254,976 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 5 new post(s) and 45 new user(s).

• Hi grooveq, 

Thanks for your elaborate post. 

We are doing our best to work with Steinberg/eLicenser to resolve the remaining bugs, as this is unfortunately not in our hands. 

But of course I agree, it is time to have this situation ironed out. 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Thanks Paul, i might whip up some noise in the steinberg beta and public forums then! Honestly do they want their copy protection adopted or are they trying to garner as bad a reputation as ilok?!

• Hi, 

No bug that pops up is on purpose, and of course Steinberg is also using eLicenser for their flagship products. So it is of course in their interest to have a flawless copy protection. 

I really hope that this can be solved quickly, also looking at Catalina around the corner. 

Best,
    Paul

• The eLicenser is giving me troubles even with Steinberg's own Dorico. Less often than with VSL, but in a worse way (with VSL it is usually a matter of disconnecting and reconnecting the key; with Dorico sometimes I have to restart the Mac). Paolo

• "I was very shocked to see this eLicenser situation is still not resolved after how many months? I'm all for developers protecting their investment with copy protection, but this is ridiculous"

Totally agree with that. It becomes ridiculous. Soo many months/years now.

• Add to this issue the quality of design of the eLicenser software:

- no auto update detection (at least on the Mac);
    - no way to sort the list of licenses using the basic functions you learn when first starting learning to code;
    - no way to select and transfer several licenses in a single pass between keys.

Nothing against hardware protection. If done in a way that is not a real impediment to the user's work. 

Paolo

• I had this problem too, but I found that adding the activation keys directly to elicenser then downloading the license for each new sample set meant that when going back to the download manager, everything worked a treat.

It seems that saying (install) from download manger should only be done once you have activated the new sampleset first.

If you don't do it this way, it tries to license the sampleset, but fails, giving the wrong reason !

Norman

• Still no resolution...I have to say this is THE most disappointing Vienna 'upgrade so far'

Apart from this ridiculous eLicenser rubbish, im also struggling to have other pretty popular plugins validate in VEP7 (latest build)

Specifically Kush UBK-1 and SIR Audio Tools SIR3 (both VST and AU fail validation)

I've contacted SIR but they say their plugin validates in Mojave with the VEP7 demo...im unable to get it to validate on my mac which is running Hi-Sieraa

:-(

Not happy given the amount of hard earned money I've sunk into this stuff.

• The way I got round the problem of "Vienna Instruments (M6)"  - saying it was open so you couldn't install any sample sets:

From the eLicenser, add the activation codes directly to eLicenser.  Then download the authorisation (from a box at the bottom of the eLicenser window).  When you've done that, run the download manager and try installing the sample set again.

I was able to install everything this way ( I can't remember the precise wording on the eLicenser window and as I've nothing new to download, so the relevant bit doesn't appear).

Norman

• Hello everyone,

Has this issue been resolved yet?

I'm having the exact same problem with my VE 6...

• This probably isn't helpful, but I bought a new e-licenser and haven't had any trouble since. 

Steve

• last edited
    last edited

Hello everybody,

Please make sure that you are using the latest eLCC Software, it contains a few crucial fixes!

Best,
    Paul

• Got an odd one happening - every once in a while when I go to open VEPro 7 on my 2012 MacPro cheesegrater running OSX 10.13.6 I get an error message saying a license can't be found if I click the 'retry' button everything runs no problem. Running the latest revision of the eLicenser s/w. Dosen't matter if the Vienna Key is plugged into my powered hub or direct into the computer. Yet Steinberg Wavelab Elements gives me no heartburn.

• Hi Jack, 

That strange hick-up should be fixed with the latest eLCC - can you please send a screenshot that shows the eLCC and the error message at the same time to support@vsl.co.at, to double-check?

Thanks,
    Paul

• Paul:

Sent screenshot to the support email address along with an explanation. I have updated to the latest revision of the elicenser control center and everything seems to be okay. Weird thing was that I found in my testing is that before I updated the elicenser control center if I opened that and then opened VEPro 7 everything went smoothly.

Jack

PS: is there any need for me to post the screenshot here?

• Hi Jack,

Sorry for the late reply. If everything works now, that's great. No further actions needed!

Best, 
    Paul

• Hi,

Thanks! This solved my "M6"-issue.

/ Jonas

Budskär, Sweden