Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,249 users have contributed to 42,287 threads and 255,025 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 18 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

Okay, here is what happened ... I let Windows 10 update again to its satisfaction ... so now I am Version 1703, OS Build 15063.994 ... dowloaded fresh copy of Synchron Pianos software installer, reinstalled over the existing ... restarted PC between each of these steps ... tried Synchron Pianos plugin both within Cubase and within VEPro6 ... I still get GUI freeze when I click on the Settings icon, but now the Size and CPU icons work properly. I can load a preset, change presets and tweak parameters as long as I have not "touched" the Settings icon, so the only functionality that is still unavailable to me is everything under the Settings icon. Obviously the player is finding the samples just fine. Perhaps my PC is a "slow learner" (or at least a slow adopter) with respect to Windows updates and it will decide that more are available in the next few days ... does Synchron Pianos require the "Windows 10 April update" or should my version and build above support Synchron Pianos? 

Making progress and sounding great, so I will see what shakes out with subsequent Windows updates. I would be curious to hear whether you think that this looks like a pure Windows 10 issue ... that would make sense if my PC is emulating bugs that you saw before the latest and greatest updates ... and others with PCs that are quicker to adopt updates are not reporting anything similar. 

Cheers, πŸΊ  Craig

Amber Ale or Porter, that is the question now.  

• Hi Craig, 

Let's see if we can find out more with the *.ini file for Synchron Instruments, you find it in [your_user_name] / Appdata/Roaming/VSL => Vienna_Synchron.ini

Please send that file to support@vsl.co.at, with a quick link to this thread. 

I'd say Porter. 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

Paul,

We think alike - porter it is!  I was hoping that you would say that.

I will gather the information you requested and send it to support. Many thanks for your help! 

Cheers (make it two), 🍺 πŸΊ  Craig

• Just to give both of you some extra info here:-

1. No, this definitely does not require the April update.  I have not installed that because I'm not part of the early adoption scheme, and given the reported problems with it I wouldn't install it anyway.  I can run the VSL CFX fine, so that update is not required.

2. This may or may not be relevant to your problem Craig, but is something that you should be aware of, Paul.  On Windows filesystems, hard/junction links, which were pointers to other filesystem locations but which are treated by the OS as extensions of the existing filesystem, cause the VSL CFX to crash.  They work fine with literally every other piece of software I've ever tried, including other VSTs, so there is something amiss here.  It only occurs when there is an attempt to load the actual samples.  That is, if the hardlink points from C: to E:, and the software the files in C: and they are actually in E:, which should be treated as C: because of the hardlink, in practice they' are not treated the same.  don't know if it's in the VSL loading mechanism, or related to elicencer which is probably quite strict about locations, but it's worth keeping in mind.  Certainly a crash should never be the intended behaviour, so this amounts to a bug, and is useful to know in case anyone wants to move the software and was hoping to use junction links.

• Kind of you, thanks!

• last edited
    last edited

You're very welcome, and just for extra info, I have since downloaded and installed the latest version, and although the samples still don't load with junction links used, it no longer causes a crash (the samples simply remain unloaded), so I think you've somewhat fixed that one already. πŸ˜Š

• last edited
    last edited

Yep, our developers are pretty nifty πŸ˜Š

• last edited
    last edited

Thanks, Paul, for your help via VSL support ... I am all "fixed."

Thanks for your input karvala ... I didn't move nuthin', promise ... (ha-ha)

A round for everybody πŸΊπŸΊπŸΊ

Off to play piano πŸ‘

Cheers,  Craig

• i've downloaded both logic pro x and synchron player

and my VSL won't appear ... please help?

• Hi, 

Did you check in Logic Preferences => Plug-in Manager?

Maybe you need to validate the plug-in manually.

Best,
    Paul