Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,200 users have contributed to 42,282 threads and 255,007 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 21 new post(s) and 66 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

• last edited
    last edited

This is a dreamy Piece. Dimension Strings, aswell as Orchestral, Chamber and Appassionate Strings are used in a MIRx Setup

Filmmusic in progress with VSL Instruments

• I'm just going to comment on the "film music" The composition is magical and sounds almost Elfmannesque or something you might hear in a Tim Burton movie. Was this EQ'ed? Because the lows and mid lows get punchy at times. It may benefit from some multiband compression. Or it could be my listening environment which is my car.

• Thanks jasensmith, with the new version on filmmusic i changed the strategy. I make every Sound with full Expression and Velocity Crossfade and then I decide about Volume Levels and make EQ Changes, after that I turn down the Expression and Velocity Crossfade and have then a Situation where the instruments cant get too big in their Range.

The Punchiness yes Im aware of it, it has to do because of the low Cello playing a melody, but this melody is important for the whole Sound. I work on it

cheers

• last edited
    last edited

its still a rumbling there, but it should be sound better now.

Filmmusic Update

• Now the Sound will more clean in next Updates, I made a classic Orchestral Hit and use this as a Reference Point. If all of Instruments play a short Note with maximum expression and participate in a natural Orchestral Hit with Timpani  just below zero, then it should sound very clean (when all of the instruments Levels are setup correctly)  and nice when the Velocity X Fade and Expression is going down. The Sound will also be louder. Quiet Parts at - 20 dB, basic Play at -12dB and crescendo up to - 1dB

• last edited
    last edited

Update - some instruments have Compression, not all. Now i have Room for rising Crescendo, Expression Levels are not at max settings.

Filmmusic Update 5

• last edited
    last edited

VSL Percussion (Standard) Piece with some Fills

VSL Percussion Test 2

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Guys, this is a Selection of Tchaikovsky Suite with VSL Instruments (small Ensemble)

• I now upgraded Dimension Strings because of the great Holiday Sale and they are still mind blowing. I wished to complete the Humperdinck Opera, but its challenging to make clean MIRx Mix, lots of Woodwinds and Brass playing in the critical Mid Area, maybe I wait to get MIR Pro.

• PaulP Paul moved this topic from Orchestration & Composition on