Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,226 users have contributed to 42,285 threads and 255,022 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 19 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• Hi Kevin, 

Did you already check in Logics Preferences => Plugin Manager? Maybe you need to manually validate "Vienna Instruments" and "Vienna Ensemble". 

If that doesn't help, please contact me via support@vsl.co.at and include a few screenshots of the process. 

Thanks, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul

yes I tried that in plug-in manager and Vienna just doesn't appear to be able to validate manually. I have been on to my mac supplier and they are looking to see if there are any potential conflicts within users although I don't think this has any bearing as I'm the only user and administrator. I'm now on a work conference call and will double check my iMac and take some screen shots for you in a moment when finished

Ta

kevin

• Hi Kevin, 

There are other options as well. 

One is to erase the AudioUnitCache Folder you find in YOUR_USER/Library/Caches. 

This will reset Logic's Audio Unit cache and will initiate a full scan on the next startup in Logic. 

That should do it. 

Best,
    Paul

• Hi Paul

There are no issues with the system settings on the iMac or any User conflicts (I'm told this is something that sometimes causes a problem with iMacs and permissions for various Apps or software), but not onm this occasion

best

kevin

• Same situation: OSX10.14.3 Mojave and VSL won't work with Sibelius--instead of loading a mixer window I just get a black field. When I click "check for updates" it says a check is already in progress.

• Hi daludwig1, 

Please contact us directly via support@vsl.co.at, with some screenshot that show the situation. 

Thanks, 
    Paul

• I am having the same issue and will contact support but  if anyone has gotten a solution pleas share.

Thanks!

Martin

• Hi Paul

I've just had to re-install and downloaded all VSL instruments, Most seem to work with my e-licensor key apart from woodwind which is asking for a key. When I use my original key code it won't let me stating it has already been used! Here is the text sequence:

The following licenses are required for installing this product:

Player (Vienna Instruments)
    SE Vol-1 Woodwinds

This I do and after entering my code it shows VSL Special Edition Vol-1 but then when I hit Activate License it comes up with:

The activation code has been used already. An activation code can be used only once to download or upgrade a license. Please contact your software vendor to get a valid activation code.

Please advise
    Ta

Kevin

• Hi Kevin, 

Your Special Edition Volume 1 license will also with with the woodwinds of SE Volume 1 (the download comes in different sections).

Did you try the procedure after a restart yet?

Best, 
    Paul

• Thanks Paul

That seems to have worked

Best

Kevin