Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,226 users have contributed to 42,285 threads and 255,022 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 19 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• You can also just copy and paste the first 16 mixer channel objects in the environment, then you'll have 32, 48, etc.  You can do it 7 times to have a total of 127  mixer channel objects...and each one will be using the same underlying Inst object, probably Inst1, but have its own channel and port assignment.

However it will not work properly beyond 8 ports.  And channel 16 of port 8 will not work either.  So up to port8, channel15 is the max you can go before you have to use a new VEP instance, as of now, due to limitations in LogicPro.

The templates provided by VSL basically already have all of these created for you, so there is not much point in not using them. 

Except for some reason, none of hte above is working for me in LPX 10.4.5, on neither of my macs.  its a complete mystery to me why it doesn't work for me and does work for you.  Until that is resolved, I'm on 10.4.4 where it works fine.

• This worked for me.  Thanks for the insight.

Dewdman, you need to increase your audio outputs per instance preference in VE Pro Server to 50 for the multi output version of the plugin to work.

• last edited
    last edited

@dbudde said:

This worked for me.  Thanks for the insight.

Dewdman, you need to increase your audio outputs per instance preference in VE Pro Server to 50 for the multi output version of the plugin to work.

No I don't.  What I am mentioning above has nothing at all to do with with audio.  its the midi ports.  Martin and Paul have informed us already that LPX is currently limited to 127 midi channels per VEP instance.

LPX 10.4.4 is limited to 16 stereo outs and LPX 10.4.5 is limited to 25 stereo outs, but I am not using 10.4.5 due to bugs, including the AU3 plugin doesn't work for me on either of my macs.

• I was referring to getting it to work at all.  The plugin doesn't load unless you have allocated enough audio outputs in your server preferences.

I agree about the midi channel limitation of 127.

• last edited
    last edited

@dbudde said:

I was referring to getting it to work at all.  The plugin doesn't load unless you have allocated enough audio outputs in your server preferences.

I agree about the midi channel limitation of 127.

Thanks!  Trying now....

• Thanks dbudde, that indeed seems to have fixed VEPAU3 on LPX 10.4.5.  Not only that, but some other seemingly unrelated bugs are now not happening.  Bizzare!  But makes me happy to have 10.4.5 closer to "not buggy" status.  ;-)

• Edited my post at the top of this thread, hopefully adding a bit of clarification here and there.

• Hey.

So... this is weird. 

I'm not getting any "Port" field in my inspector. 

Am I nuts? 

• Are you sure that track is assigned to a channel with the VEP AU3 plugin?

• yea! Positive!

Even when using the Au3 Template, with an instance of VEP AU3, I can't see the port. This is weirding me out. 

• Dunno. Let’s see the whole project