Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,374 users have contributed to 42,295 threads and 255,060 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 54 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Dewdman42, 

I understand that you do not like it. Of course we will drop everything and think about a specific solution. Better? 😊

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • At least please add to the “wish list”.

• Yeah, I get that it's nice to point out the feature but it adds clutter to the interface, which, as I see it goes a little bit astray from good design/usability. For me personally, it's a bit of a fly buzzing in the face to have to close every one so I can see my kontakt instances. I think having the option is the way to go but I guess I can change my default template for new instances?

• Does saving it without it showing wind up showing it anyway, upon launch?

Hard to imagine that being a desired default. It didn't do that for me even the first time. I don't know if it inherits preferences from VE Pro 6. I would try trashing preferences if this happens on a saved instance with it not showing. Sometimes I save the server project with nothing, sometimes all instances have it showing, it always opens like I had it at save.

• I actually don't know how to trash the preferences (it's on my windows vepro host), and I also don't know how to save a default file, other than as a Cubase track preset.

• last edited
    last edited

@Dewdman42 said:

I absolutely DO NOT like it as default behavior, so not "everyone" likes it.  Please provide an option to not do that.

Me too. I do not like this behaviour. If you want to draw my attention to cool things I might want to use, put it in the manual.

• I have to say, , I don't care for it opening by default either. It's just a small annoyance for me,  but an  annoyance just the same.

• last edited
    last edited

@derekderek said:

I actually don't know how to trash the preferences (it's on my windows vepro host), and I also don't know how to save a default file, other than as a Cubase track preset.

I meant saving the instance. VEP menu = Instance; Save Project As. You could save whatever as a default. I don't remember where preferences are in Windows, it would be probl'y be a user directory rather than the system's 'Library' or whatever it's called.

I wonder if the difference is I use an automation map for every instance, and I am picky about sizing and keeping it as much out of the way as I can, and people that don't haven't established a preference for VEP to take notice of.

For a new instance, opening an automation map takes up all the space VEP does and I have to undock and size it. This was never the case before 7.

• Hi, 

Here's a quick workaround (sorry for the delay): 

1. Open VE PRO Standalone

2. Hide automation window

3. Close standalone

Now VE PRO Server instances will also not show the automation window. 

Best,
    Paul

• Thank you!  Works like a charm.  

• last edited
    last edited

Hi, 

New feature in VE Pro 7.0.877, I think you will like it 😉

Best, 
    Paul

• yes we like it!!  thank you.

• Hi Paul,

I did as said, opened standalone (latest version), closed Automation window, saved project and, when reopening it I  had automation window back. All on Mac OS Big Sur.

What wrong did I do?

Witold

• last edited
    last edited

Hi,

This is a bug that still needs to be fixed, and I hope we can provide you with that fix soon. The window setup is simply not recalled correctly, which leads to these troubles in the latest version.

If you wouldn't be on Big Sur, rolling back would be an option.

Best,
    Paul

• Well, it's the default now. I at least strongly believed at the time it wasn't :D

Here, Big Sur, VEP 7.1056 everything opens as the state saved in. So this is a bug of which later version?

• Hi, 

Glad to hear that it works for you. 

Yes, that's a bug in the latest version, windows are not restored properly. Hope that will be fixed soon. 

Best, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Paul,

No. we actually dislike it very much. Just following this thread should tell you that. Maybe just add an option to remove the window on start? 

@Paul said:

Hi, 

Very official: This is expected behaviour of VE Pro 7, we wanted to point out the new possibilities, which we believe are quite great. 

So far, everybody seemed to like it 😊

Best,
    Paul

• Isn't that what the "View/Save Default Window Layout" already does?

• Thanks for pointing to this.  Much better NOT having the bee buzzing around my head.  :)

• @Paul said:

Hi,

New feature in VE Pro 7.0.877, I think you will like it 😉

This worked for me. The "opening in standalone" option did not work for me.