Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,216 users have contributed to 42,284 threads and 255,018 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 20 new post(s) and 53 new user(s).

• Hi, 

Sounds good so far, thanks for the reports!

Please keep us up to date. 

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, 

Sounds good so far, thanks for the reports!

Please keep us up to date. 

Best,
    Paul

Yes, even though sometimes when I load the VEP it seems to scan some plugins anyways (even if I haven't changed anything).. also since version 7 when I instantiate some V.I.s their interface is completely dark... it happens with some Arturia and Waves, but it seems intermittent... but this is another subject...

• After the latest update.... still a lot of plugins are greyed out. Please check my attachment.

Please fix this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• last edited
    last edited

@VslMarvin1986 said:

After the latest update.... still a lot of plugins are greyed out. Please check my attachment.

Please fix this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got the following error =>

2019-05-29 23:05:04.931 INFO  [9140] [VstPlugin::open@2583] Opening VST Plugin

2019-05-29 23:05:05.852 ERROR [9140] [VstLoader::load@3314] Error: effect not found, or magic number mismatch

2019-05-29 23:05:05.918 ERROR [9140] [VstPlugin::open@2602] Could not load VST library

• On High Sierra is also not validated the Air Hybrid 3. 

All other AIR plugins work.

This happens only with the vst version and only in the VEP7.

[url=https://www.evernote.com/l/AOibnfWzvs5LzKS9XV3LAe0M5UpNM3tDhRQ][img]https://www.evernote.com/l/AOibnfWzvs5LzKS9XV3LAe0M5UpNM3tDhRQB/image.png[/img][/url][url=https://www.evernote.com/l/AOibnfWzvs5LzKS9XV3LAe0M5UpNM3tDhRQ]Click for large view[/url] - [color=#A7A7A7]Uploaded with [url=http://evernote.com/skitch]Skitch[/url][/color]

• Hi, 

Thanks for these reports. It would help a lot if you included the version numbers of the failing plug-ins, to reassure us that you are using the latest available versions (old support wisdom: Every user THINKS he is using the latest version, but it is rarely the case).

Just to let you know that we are monitoring our forum and doing our best to follow up. 

Best,
    Paul

• Hi Paul,

All the plugins are working correclty in Cubase / Ableton / Fruityloops / Studio ONE / Adobe Soundbooth 

But not in VEP 7.0 

I think there is something wrong with the pluginscan.exe... maybe you guys need to think about a new improved plugin scan system? 

I can tell you... i have no problems with 32bit plugins in VEP!!!! 

Kind Regards
    Marivn

• last edited
    last edited

@VslMarvin1986 said:

maybe you guys need to think about a new improved plugin scan system? 

Hello Marvin, 

That's a brilliant idea, we will do that ðŸ˜Š

Best, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, 

Thanks for these reports. It would help a lot if you included the version numbers of the failing plug-ins, to reassure us that you are using the latest available versions (old support wisdom: Every user THINKS he is using the latest version, but it is rarely the case).

Just to let you know that we are monitoring our forum and doing our best to follow up. 

Best,
    Paul

AIR Hybride 3.0.7.19000

VEP 7.0.834

macOS 10.13.6

iLok Latest driver for now

• i have the same problem on windows :(

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, 

Best,
    Paul

VEP 7.0.834

Mac OSX 10.14.4

Waves v.10

• Steven Slate SSD 5 vst not passing validation either

• Exactly

• I have just upgraded to 7 and it's literally slaughtered my VST & AU plugins with Failed Validations. Ones which were fine in 6. Its failed loads of big guns like my whole brand new Izotope Bundle of ALL their plugs, Kontakt 5 & 6, FM8, Massive, Absytnh, all the Soundtoys 5 bundle plugins, Every single Eventide plugin and half my Arturia collection..as well as the Air plugins also mentioned previously. I've just updated all these as well so they are latest versions. The list is way bigger but those were the main ones. 

I use 7 as a slave on a second Mac Pro running a lower OSX intentionally so I have access to pre Catalina stability...Without the above plugins working..especially Kontakt then for me 7 is useless?  Any advice please Paul?

• Hi,

first of all, I suppose you have tried revalidating the plug-ins in VEPro preferences?

Could you please give:
    - exact OS version
    - system specifications
    - Which plug-ins and versions of these plug-ins that fail validation

• I have been using Vienna Ensemble Pro for years and have always had this issue with rescanning plugins and failed validation! And it takes forever to rescan, failed validation, and open.

VSL needs to put a clock on the launching of the software so that we can verify the slow opening.

• Hi Discorrdat, 

Thanks for posting. We will need to find a way to reproduce these troubles. 

To do that, please follow the request of our head developer and tell us if you have tried revalidating the plug-ins in VEPro preferences.

Also, please provide:
    - exact OS version
    - system specifications
    - Which plug-ins and versions of these plug-ins that fail validation

Thanks, 
    Paul