Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,911 users have contributed to 42,263 threads and 254,948 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 7 new post(s) and 49 new user(s).

• Actually, I've gotten same problem twice in past 12 hours. eLicenser application on the same machine shows the dongle and the licenses on it, but VE7 insists there's either no dongle or no license or that there's an USB problem. Rebooting didn't help. USB ports on that machine work well with, say, iLok and other USB thingies.

What's really peculiar is that the dongle in question works fine in other machines, and the license can be removed like nothing, transferred out and back. Maintenance is done, so it shouldn't be that.

Maybe you've tightened the screw a little too much?

• I have the same specs and had the same problem (mentioned in another thread). At the moment it all runs smooth.

For me it helped to update all of the software, including the elicenser. 

• Everything updated, and I just had the Mac inspected by an official repair center, just in case. All good. I'll continue testing whilst working.

I hope this isn't a "legit users suffer because idiots exist" issue. :-D Instead, I'd like this be a "wow not all people should be using computers because they just can't" issue.

• I've been troubleshooting this. It seems all other USB dongles behave well - except eLicensers. I've tested five different license keys, and each gives me the same license nagging. Pressing "Retry" in the dialog screen a few times finally opens up the application and it seems to work normally after that.

Vienna people, is this VE7 specific or eLicenser specific? How to debug/troubleshoot?

• I said I would back to the eLCC and attempt to stabilze things. But I went to work had one more error message and no more error messages. The eLCC can see the dongle and things are working so I am leaving things for now. I have no clue why it works now but refused that first day. I spent a few hours scratching my brain, updating, then uninstalling, reinstalling, etc. Unfortunately I am not sure what the solution was. Ghost in the machine. Thanks for the replies everyone.

• Hi VSL,

Same error problem here with elicenser, never before with VEPro 6

VEpro 7 very crashy for me,with e licenser stuff

why it takes soooo looong to scan plugins ?

Regards

• last edited
    last edited

Hello everybody,

We know that our friends at eLicenser are working on improvements for upcoming versions and are also hoping that these confusing messages will disappear.

This seems to affect the 64 bit version of eLicenser only.

Here is a link to the 32 bit version of eLicenser for macOS - let me know if that helps!

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

"This seems to affect the 64 bit version of eLicenser only.

Here is a link to the 32 bit version of eLicenser for macOS - let me know if that helps!"

Paul - are u saying that we should un install elicenser app and install this 32 bit version?

• last edited
    last edited

Hi,

Sorry if I was unclear. Yes, please uninstall the current eLCC and try with the 32 bit version.

Best,
    Paul

• Things went strange with Vienna and eLCC again yesterday. I installed the 32 bit version as you suggested Paul and things are smooth so far.

Thx

• I've solved most of my issues with eLicenser not found by using a powered USB hub.

However, I still have, more than a few times, a message saying that the eLicenser can't be found. I can simply solve this issue by clicking Retry, and everything works fine.

Not pleasant, though.

Paolo

• Hi Paolo, 

Thanks for the update. Is that also the case with the 32 bit version of the eLicenser Control Center?

Best,
    Paul

• Paul, thank you very much for the hint of using the 32-bit version. Since 32 bits are deprecated on the Mac, I prefer to wait and see if the issue will be resolved in the 64-bit version. At the moment, I can live with the error message.

Paolo

• Hi just putting my hand up here, same litany of eLicenser errors...most inconvenient. In our case clicking

the alert dialogs away made no difference, just led to more errors.

edit - uninstalling 64bit elicenser and installing eLicenserControl (6.11.3.1244) 32bit seems to fix it.

Ouch! what the hell?!

• Hi, 

Glad to hear that the 32 bit version fixes these troubles. 

eLicenser/Steinberg is working on finding the culprit in the 64 bit version. 

Best, 
    Paul

• Fyi tried with current eLicenser (6.11.6.1251) and new VEP7, still no go..same errors.

I'm all for developers protecting their software, but the moment it inhibits the free flow of work it is a very bad look...hope you find the bugs soon!

• last edited
    last edited

Hi grooveq,

Yes, no fixes yet in the new eLCC software, unfortunately. Did you try the 32 bit version?

Best,
    Paul

• I too am having issues with my eLicensers. It does appear that installing the 32-bit version of the app has solved the problem. I am hopefull that this version will also solve an issue where VEP (on two different machines) becomes unresponsive after long periods of inactivity (ie overnight).

I know that software conflicts are very complex issues, but THIS CANNOT HAPPEN. As a professional composer I need to be able to rely on my tools every single day. Fortunately I am in between projects. I shudder to think what may have happenned had this issue come up during crunch time. 

Please post on this thread when the eLicenser app is updated with a fix for this. 

Steve

• Hello All - I am also having a similar problem.  When trying to activate VI special editions bundle, I receive theh following message:

Close Running Applications:

Please close the following applications before activating your license: 

• Vienna Instrument (M6)

At this point I have tried the following:

• closed every program and restarted my computer
    • Tried the 32 bit version of the eLicenser software (have since reinstalled the latest 64 bit version)
    • Uninstalled Vienna instruments and Vienna Suite
    • Plugged my eLicenser key directly into the computer, not a hub.
    • Disconnected everything else from my computer except the ssd drive where I have the library installed 
    • Checked my activity monitor on my computer (a Mac Pro running the High Sierra  OS) to verify no other program is running

Also - I successfully installed, about two weeks ago, the Synchron Bundle and MIRPRO

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Michael

Boulder Colorado USA

• Hi Michael, 

Thanks for your patience in the support session today. 

Seems like our optimized installation routine can be improved even more! We're on it!

Enjoy your new sounds!

Best,
    Paul