Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,130 users have contributed to 42,275 threads and 254,984 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 7 new post(s) and 42 new user(s).

• Hi David, 

Yes, you need both Standard and Multi. 

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Oh my God.

The Grand Concert piano that I was waiting for.

Herb, you’re not the friend of my banker…

Gabriel Plalame

• Hi Paul,

Indeed, what a great instrument!

May I add a request for demos? I'd like to hear some pieces or excerpts that feature very soft dynamics and the middle register!

The loud stuff with lots of very high, low and fast notes always sound impressive, but the real challenge for sampled pianos for me is in that center register that can often sound flat and dull. I'm sure the Steinway will have a beautiful tone in that range, but it would simply be nice to hear it.

Pick the Debussy Rêverie, a Bach prelude, or a Mozart Sonata...

Thank you!
    Tobias

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi David, 

Yes, you need both Standard and Multi. 

Best,
    Paul

Thanks. I have a super slow internet (5Mbps). In download manager I've been downloading both the Standard and Multi libraries at the same time. Just now the standard library completed after 28 hours. Download manager says another 6 hours to complete the Multi download. Once they are both downloaded, I can only install one at a time, correct? 

So I would install the standard using the library installer and when that's finished I would install the multi. It's this correct? Thanks.

God Bless,

David

F308, D-274, 280VC, Bösendorfer Imperial, Vienna Imperial
  • Hi David, 

Yes, you need to install one after the other. The order is not important, and you can start the installer while the download for the other library is still running. 

Best,
    Paul

• Thanks. 

On the the VSL website it says that the full library is 266.2 GB, but the samples on my SSD total 285.94 GB

Thanks again.

David

• last edited
    last edited

Wonderful piano. Very responsive, beautiful clear and round sound, great lower end, fast loading. Another great product. The sound is different from the Synchron Yamaha CFX, so worth buying even if you have that one.

I made a youtube video comparing the sound of the Synchron Yamaha CFX and the Synchron Steinway for those of you who are interested. I used the preset Player Decca tree multi mic for both piano's.

Best regards,
    Heike

• Congratulations on this instrument!  The technical quality of the recordings is astonishing. There are few acoustic piano recordings that have a piano that well prepped and recorded. 

I notice in the demo with Stefan that he is playing an FLKeys Lachnit controller.  These can output high-def MIDI (4096 levels).  Does this piano take advantage of any of that resolution in the programming?  I found the choice of controller interesting as it is likely the best piano controller available in the world, and goes far beyond what a normal digital piano is capable of delivering. 

I have a VAX77 keyboard which also outputs high-def MIDI, scanned optically. 

Thank you, and again, very nice work on the sampling.  Truly state of the art.

Nathanael

• last edited
    last edited

Hi niversen,

Thanks for your kind words.

We also like the Lachnit a lot, that's why it was our first choice for Stefan.

However, the Synchron Pianos respond to normal MIDI, no higher resolution.

@David B.: Mac doesn't take byte to GB conversion so seriously, hence the difference in numbers. Yoiu can check with this converter (Synchron Pianos are 285'938'563'215 bytes).

Best,
    Paul

• Thank you Paul.  Not a purchasing criteria, though I do think it is the future.  I just wanted to know what to expect and I don't think I can access the manual without purchasing. 

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

However, the Synchron Pianos respond to normal MIDI, no higher resolution. 

@David B.: Mac doesn't take byte to GB conversion so seriously, hence the difference in numbers. Yoiu can check with this converter (Synchron Pianos are 285'938'563'215 bytes). 

Best,
    Paul

I noticed that my CFX is also around 20 GB larger than advertised. 

I've also noticed that in MainStage and GarageBand my mic pan feature doesn't work. I can pan any mic to the right or left and there is no change at all. However, it works fine in the free version of Vienna Ensemble. Unfortunately, I can't record in the free version. Any idea why the pan doesn't work in Logic? 

God Bless,

David

• Hi David, 

Is this "only" about the Synchron Pianos software?
    What speaks against using Synchron Pianos in Vienna Ensemble, plugged into, e.g., Mainstage, to work around this issue for now?

Best:, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi David, 

Is this "only" about the Synchron Pianos software?
    What speaks against using Synchron Pianos in Vienna Ensemble, plugged into, e.g., Mainstage, to work around this issue for now?

Best:, 
    Paul

That was a good suggestion but unfortunately it didn't work. Even running Synchron Pianos in Vienna Ensemble plugged into MainStage the Pans still don't work. I can only get them to work in Vienna Ensemble alone. Is this something you're aware of and are working on? Thanks.

God Bless,

David

• Hi David, 

We will investiigate. MainStage is a rather unusual host for our existing products, but we will see what we can do to fix this. 

Best, 
    Paul

• How does the new "Synchron Piano software" supports huminazing when playing static precise Midifiles.
    E.g. when playing trills or tremolo.

triangle

• last edited
    last edited

Hi triangle, 

There is no humanizing available for piano (there are no intonation problems on a well-tuned piano 😉). 

Best, 
    Paul 

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi David, 

We will investiigate. MainStage is a rather unusual host for our existing products, but we will see what we can do to fix this. 

Best, 
    Paul

Thank you for the wonderful customer support. 

God Bless,

David

• Hi David,

I just checked and the Mic Pans on the Synchron Pianos Mixer page work just fine with Mainstage here - please make sure to deactivate the built-in reverb though!

Best, Marnix

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

There is no humanizing available for piano (there are no intonation problems on a well-tuned piano 😉).

But playing trills or tremolo have a robotic sound.
    How can I change my Midi-File to get a realistic trill or tremolo in Cubase 10 ?

• Hi traingle, 

Where did you hear that robotoc sound? With so many velocties and samples in the background, you won't run into trouble!

Best, 
    Paul