Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,514 users have contributed to 42,303 threads and 255,091 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• I have to join this choir... :(

since I updated to version 6.0.16068 the palette is gone.

All former versions of VEP6 worked fine, - at least on this issue...

• Here is another odd behavior that might point into a good direction.

When adjusting parameters with the mouse the adjustment stops when the mouse cursor moves off the screen.

This is an unusual behavior on a Win7 system and also started with the latest update.

• Nothing else to update on this over the last few months....

Haven't had it happen in a while. One thing I always do now however is move the pallet over to the middle of the screen after each time I change a color. Unfortunately I can't offer any other suggestions at this point other than re-saving the template and reloading the session. 

• you can change the colors when dragging the far right instances to the beginning.

Only the colors of the far right instances cannot be changed because the color picker is nested outside the screen.

I know it is not a solution but may one of the staff reads this and get a better idea of what is going on.

• Hi,

This bug-fix is already on our to-do list, I hope it can be fixed soon.

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • I can report I am also having this issue and have in the past also

It is not happening on my other templates, only the one I use most often, so I think it is corrupted somehow

• It happens if you have too many 'tabs'.  The set color swatches appear off screen and there's no way to retrieve them.  At least that's my experience here.

• A second monitor at least helped me to find that bloody thing :D

But I am still on Win7 - so lets see what happens early 2018 when I switch to Win10... :o

• Still happening for me on WIndows 10.  

• Just came across this bug today (Win 10). Would appreciate a fix!

• last edited
    last edited

Same here! Very annoying as I'm trying to set up a template to match the instance colours with the relevant instruments in Logic. Running VEPro in Windows 7 Pro. And to make matters worse, the last colour I was able to choose was pink so now all my remaining instances (and there are a lot of them as I'm using an instance-per-instrument for a full orchestra) are a delightful pink! ðŸ˜›

Any fix for this yet?

• Hi Marcusmax, 

Sorry to say that I have no news on this topic. 

Best,
    Paul

• That's a pity Paul. Perhaps it could be addressed in the next update? 

Thanks, Mark

• Paul,

Thank you for the reply.  I would also like to add that this bug is a real pain for a large template.  Have not found any work around.  With 45 tabs in VEP6 it is timeconsuming to read every tab.  The colors are a big timesaver.  Just wanted to let you know I'm still experiencing the issue as well.  VEP 6.0.17226 on Windows 7 pro.

Thanks!  I know you guys have a ton on your plate.  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers,

Tim 

• Paul,

Going to have to agree with Tim here. Being able to colour the tabs is a huge timesaver especially when you have so many open. Would really appreciate a fix.

Best,

Marcus

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Marcus,

AFAIK, this is not a problem in VE Pro 7 - is that an option for you? I'll be happy to send you some demo licenses.

Best,
    Paul

• Hi,

I've just come across this issue in VEPro 6 v6.0.18442. Any word on when this will be fixed for VEPro 6?

• last edited
    last edited

Hi,

No plans there right now. Did you check out VE Pro 7 yet?

Best,
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Paul,

It's a bit disappointing that a bug like this has been present for 3 years (probably longer, but that's when it was first reported in this thread), and there's no plans for a fix. It makes managing big templates far more difficult without different colours. I do hope VSL will have a rethink and look at getting this fixed in the next update.

I did check out VEPro 7, but as the issue with Play VST & Logic is not specific to VEPro 6 (or 7) and therefore that issue won't be resolved by updating, and because I don't particularly need any of the newer features for my workflow, there isn't much incentive for me to upgrade. Especially when you consider that the upgrade from VEPro 5 to 6 was a reasonable 85 Eur - for me to get the same number of licenses for my machines in VEPro 7 would cost me 225 Eur.

@Paul said:

Hi, 

No plans there right now. Did you check out VE Pro 7 yet?

Best,
    Paul