Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,373 users have contributed to 42,392 threads and 255,499 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 69 new user(s).

• Thank you very much for this prompt and specific response -- much appreciated. OK, I will wait on my High Sierra upgrade because my VEP workflow is very important to me.

Here's hoping the fix comes quickly!

• Hello There ...
    is there any news ?
    about this ?
    thx a lot ...

I am Waiting to uprgrade ...

• last edited
    last edited

Given the time that it has taken already... I imagine it will be quite a while before this problem is fixed. 😔

• Hi, 

It's always a good idea to stay positive. I know that our developers and our friends at MOTU are working on this one. 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Well I called MOTU today and they said "its Vienna's problem"..... time to go down to underground Vienna and get a stiff drink....

• Hi, 

I'm surprised that a MOTU team member would say this...

I don't want to get into politics and semantics there, but we are confident that it can be fixed, and I know that the teams are working together on a solution and I also hope that this situation can be fixed soon. 

Best,
    Paul

• Hi Paul,

As a longtime DP user, I'm also anxiously awaiting this fix. I'm sure you know with the recently announced "Meltown" Intel vulnerability, I am unable to apply the patch that Apple released the other day, since I'm still running 10.12. So, my system is still vulnerable, and I grow worried with each passing day. So, a fix would be most welcome...

Thanks,

Kevin

p.s. hope to see you soon! Will you be in town for NAMM this year?

• Hi Kevin, 

I know that this is not a pleasant situation... hope it can be fixed soon. 

Yes, I will be at NAMM... and also at Westlake Pro for a presentation afterwards, as usual. 

Best, 
    Paul

• Hi All,

does this affect the free Vienna Ensemble as well?

Thanks, Giovanni

• Just posting on here because the last post was from January.  Any news on this front?  

I'm also waiting anxiously.

Thanks.

• last edited
    last edited

@epicquest said:

Just posting on here because the last post was from January.  Any news on this front?  

I'm also waiting anxiously.

Thanks.

It's been solved for a while now. I think the fix was actually in an OS update from Apple, so make sure you are on the highest of High Sierra versions. Go for it -- it works!

• Thanks, ddas.  I couldn't find any forum discussion that definitively confirmed it.  And the warning is still on the VSL website:  https://www.vsl.co.at/en/Vienna_Software_Package/Vienna_Ensemble_PRO#!System_Requirements. Anyway, I'm going to upgrade tonight!