Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,118 users have contributed to 42,275 threads and 254,983 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 39 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@LAJ said:

Could you mention why the dimensions did not do the job for your needs? Was complexity the problem or that this ensemble does not sound rich/big enough for some compositions?

I ended up with using the Dimension in a 2 desks setup. I sometimes layered them upon another library to get some precision in fast lines i.e. I didn't work and search a lot within Dim so my opinion might be uncomplete but I didn't get large legatos sounding as I expected. And the major issue to me was the lack of 2nd violins, I had to use this boring transposition trick by 1 tone.

It feel like Synchron are way beyond Dimension (sound and playability) but when I have some time to I'll have a deeper look back on Dimension ;-)

• I was never happy with Transposition Trick results too and mixed the dimension strings with the Chamber Strings, which works well. Great that we have second Violins now out of the box.

• Thank you Paul and entire VSL Team (that goes for all the people working on giving us this programming, materiel etc. that no one knows even exists).

I can hear a very nice difference!  Thank you for this improvement and the many more to come.

• Can we expect this feature to become available for non-Synchron libraries at some point?

• "...for non-Synchron libraries...."

I haven't loaded this yet, but Paul's jpg snapshot shows it working with a non-Synchron library, in this case the Chamber Violins. If I understand the feature correctly, it's enabing us to control performance release (P.Rel) per slot on a real-time basis. The initial setting is manual in the Advanced view, and the user-defined CC scales the manual setting while performing. 

Today's word: sedulous.

In a sentence : VSL programmers are sedulous in their drive to improve Vienna Instruments Pro.  

• last edited
    last edited

@saxmand said:

...Personally I'm really sad to see the change of the Release fader, since I'm using it daily to crossfade articulations, with a mix of Release and Attack...

Glad to correct myself here. It's a clever release function that only get ignored on legato patches 😊
    So the crossfading concept and changing to other articulations still works. 
    Wuhuu. Awesome programing VSL team. 

• in my opinion, the best "legato" patch in SyStrings at current state of library is no legato patches, but "long notes soft" patch.. It more close to target legato sound, that I want to listen.. I am not see, that "legato blur" feature improves anything..

• last edited
    last edited

@V_ad_im said:

in my opinion, the best "legato" patch in SyStrings at current state of library is no legato patches, but "long notes soft" patch.. It more close to target legato sound, that I want to listen.. I am not see, that "legato blur" feature improves anything..

But in my opinion, the slur legato is acceptable.  Actually, I think the "long notes soft" is not true choice.

• I don't really understand the legato blur slider yet, or what exactly I should listen for it doing.

It's the same thing as P. Rel, only on a CC basis and globally? Does it override whatever P. Rel does on a patch basis, or work on top of it?

• Hi Jimmy, 

Legato BLUR scales the P.Rel value set in the Slot Editor.

Legato Blur 0= same value as P.Rel in the Slot Editor. 
    Legato Blur 127= double the value as P.Rel in the Slot Editor. 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Thanks Paul!