Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,802 users have contributed to 42,414 threads and 255,618 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 24 new post(s) and 43 new user(s).

• Now I started to be excited how synchron player works and to its effect that changes whole things.

I placed an order Synchron Strings I Full Library with early bird price a month ago,

so I also expect 'High Stereo / Surround'. I'm sure that provides me with the best result and satisfaction.

• last edited
    last edited

@Eptesicus said:

Something funky going on in the cello's G3 (and therefore F# as these are clearly only sampled per tone) at high velocity on the longs. Sounds like a dogyd or loud re-bow?

Yeah, I heard that too and my first though was bad loop, but it may as well be noisy re-bow... Doesn't sound fun though. In general those low cellos seem to be noisy

... and it means I bought them. Actually I was unconvinced until Paul cello video. And I'm not going to lie - for now I only like them. Why no love?

CONS: holy f**k, 60 gigs per section!? I expected big library, but this is waaay too big. I think that reasonable thing to do would be per mic download, so that I could download only down-mixed samples for example. Or maybe option 16 vs 24 bit (I assume that it is the latter now).

The second thing - I don't hear that biggnes. I mean, I'm not sure why it is so huge. Yes, I know, lots of layers, mics etc. but still it seems to be a bit too big. What is hidden there? Synchron player is going to show us those treasures? Or it's big, because? Violins short, 9 layers, 49 sampled notes, 10 variations = 4400 samples. VI states 5832. Releases? Ok, I'm done with that hate, time for good πŸ˜‰

PROS: With SSD and default preload at 1536 RAM is not a problem at all (one mic less than 500megs?). The playability is magic. You can clearly feel those 8 - 9 layers. Fluent change without crossfades - YES!

Lyrical vibrato = ❀️.

Harsh shorts πŸŒ©οΈ 

Overall sound signature - wet, but clean and detailed, can be lush, can be harsh

And now I'm waiting for the rest of sections and synchron player. Although my SSD is crying, I hear him sobbing...

• last edited
    last edited

2nd Violins are here !!! πŸΈπŸŽ

• Basses are available now.

Dorico, Notion, Sibelius, StudioOne, Cubase, Staffpad VE Pro, Synchon, VI, Kontakt Win11 x64, 64GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, August Forster 190
  • Thank you for telling!

• I am deeply impressed by the sound ... WOW! Especially Flautando and Long Fast Attack ... perfect!

But already two ideas / suggestions:

1) Would it be possible to get stereo downmixes already as a own microphone position? This would already save memory for 50% . I am looking for an easy to handle "out of the box sound" but with Room-Mix I already load everything twice.

2) The samples with reduced velocities are good for saving memory, but not very easy to handle. Would it be an option for the synchron player to select which velocity layers should be loaded? Similar to the Repetition unselection tool?

What a great christmas present!

Gabriel

• Love everything so far.

One thing I can't quite work out though... The Ringing/Stopped articulations. I cannot for the life of me hear a difference. Is there a difference or are they to come in a later update?

I'm guessing it's supposed to be open strings vs stopped strings, but I can't hear any change at all.

Anyone else have any ideas.

Mark

• Violas have appeared now :-)

• last edited
    last edited

Violas are there!!!

Ok, that's twice πŸ˜Š

• All standard libraries has been released.

Okay, let us wait for Full library releasing !

• I seem to be missing an octave in the "Strings" library...actually C4-B4...anyone else have this issue?

• I don't see any "strings" library in the Synchron Strings, just the sections.

• last edited
    last edited

@MMKA said:

I don't see any "strings" library in the Synchron Strings, just the sections.

In the library downloads, I have Violin 1, Violin 2, Viola, Cello, Bass, and Strings.  The STRINGS download; however, is only 14MB, so either it is incomplete, referencing the other libraries (that I haven't completely downloaded yet), or some other mysterious voodoo that I'm unaware of...and yes, It says Synchron Strings I (Strings) - Stereo Library Download.

• Valkyria wrote:

"All standard libraries has been released.

Okay, let us wait for Full library releasing !"

But first we get the performance articulations of violins 2, violas and basses, that will happen begin 2018 (see Vienna Newsletter 285).

• last edited
    last edited

@MMKA said:

I don't see any "strings" library in the Synchron Strings, just the sections.

In the library downloads, I have Violin 1, Violin 2, Viola, Cello, Bass, and Strings.  The STRINGS download; however, is only 14MB, so either it is incomplete, referencing the other libraries (that I haven't completely downloaded yet), or some other mysterious voodoo that I'm unaware of...and yes, It says Synchron Strings I (Strings) - Stereo Library Download.

OK, I didn't notice that download (but now I do). So I will do that tomorrow. First get some sleep.

• So it turns out that I was missing the middle C octave in the "Strings" library because I hadn't installed the viola library yet.  I guess it referenced the other libraries, which makes a lot of sense.

• Not sure if this mentioned anywhere or not.... how many dyn layers are the legatos? Is it 8 like the rest of the lib?

Thanks in advance.

• last edited
    last edited

@MMKA said:

Valkyria wrote:

"All standard libraries has been released.

Okay, let us wait for Full library releasing !"

But first we get the performance articulations of violins 2, violas and basses, that will happen begin 2018 (see Vienna Newsletter 285).

I emailed to VSL Support and they replied to me that Full Library (just including 4 additional mic positions) will be released in the coming days and then legatos for the rest of the strings. I can't wait to use high stereo and surround mics which may give me significantly different sound. 😊

Anyway, Merry Christmas !

• Legato,

is not as good as I think.

• I am not hearing legato reinvented in any demo too, please, if the synchron player will change this, or if you can showcase it a little more before the early bird ends, it would be very helpful to make an informed decision.