Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,722 users have contributed to 42,409 threads and 255,580 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 51 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi again everybody,

As I said: Please contact us 😊

Best, 
    Paul 

Is an PM in the VSL-Frum enough or do you need an E-Mail to your VSL-support ?

• last edited
    last edited

@daviddln said:

Nobody forced you to purchase the product in november. You could have waited for the very end of the Early Bird offer to get it. We're lucky enough to get promotions every month and as matthieu.lechowski said, it's part of the game. You're ridiculous.

As often, we see rudeness as the faithful companion of anti-intellectualism.

• Hi everybody, 

Please contact us at support@vsl.co.at, this will accelerate the process and also open a ticket in our support system. 

Thanks, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@daviddln said:

Nobody forced you to purchase the product in november. You could have waited for the very end of the Early Bird offer to get it. We're lucky enough to get promotions every month and as matthieu.lechowski said, it's part of the game. You're ridiculous.
    As often, we see rudeness as the faithful companion of anti-intellectualism. Yes. That's what I thought. We do business here. Every purchase is a little contract; not a game... The Dimension Strings Early Bird offer was different (and had a little bit of game) because there was no clear deliverydate from the beginning. But here there was one. If I wanted to play games, I'd purchase a Playstation.

• Thank you, Paul.

• last edited
    last edited

@fahl5 said:

But I hope you know that this is obviously no privat problem of Eptesicus, but the same problem for all who purchased the early bird offer before VSL launched their current Voucher-offer...The easiest way to come along will presumably be, to spend all who buyed that early bird Synchron Strings already in November one 100€ Voucher and everybody will be satisfied. I hope this might help to find a solution for all..."

I've never got a refund or credit because FedEx for a late package or some packages coming later than others. Why, you ask? Because I never sought one. I guess I'm really weird for not wanting free stuff every time someone else makes a mistake. Personally, I don't want VSL giving every customer a whopping 25% of the standard library price. For one, I've never got 25% off a sofa that was delivered a day late. But far more importantly, I'd rather see your 100€ complaint go to developing more samples. Don't punish me because you're an impatient sno.... enthusiastic about samples. 😉 You paid for something. You deserve to get it. That's fair. But it coming late doesn't entitle you to a free gift basket or a new car... especially if that comes at a cost that others will be affected by via inhibiting future development. I think 3% is a more reasonable compenation, if any has to be given.

I'll fully admit that I've been an impatient snob, sample enthusiast, jerk, friend, and everything else on here. I don't have any gripe with you personally. But if you get Synchron for 100€ less than I will, then you're the one taking something from me in my book.

For some reason I Feel like this just turned into a Marx debate. 😉

-Sean

• last edited
    last edited

@daviddln said:

I think rudeness also applies to people who get a 30% discount but who are unhappy with it and always beg for more.

• last edited
    last edited

@daviddln said:

I think rudeness also applies to people who get a 30% discount but who are unhappy with it and always beg for more.

It doesn't matter what you think, fact is that you chose to insult a stranger after proving to have completely missed the point he was making - by sheer wilful ignorance or just insufficient intellectual capacity, whatever.

• I hope everyone who acquired the earliest of early birds will be satisfied with VSL reconciliation treatment :)

And with that optimistic thought I'd like to dive into details. RAM! How much RAM whole Synchron Strings will be needing? Does Synchron player will have some RAM saving feature? Direct from SSD streaming or things like that? I have only 16GB... If you are doing something like that please share that info, this would probably make me buy vouchers ;)

Thanks in advance for any info in that matter.

Actually, I do use other libraries such as Berlin Strings, Spitfire Audio Chamber Strings/Symphonic Strings and only reason I ever used anyone else was too much better legato script, short note attacks and huge detail sampled short/long articulations, etc. You didn't just take user feedback seriously.

Have you made decision yet on any usefull articulations as bellow ?

Legato Slurred, Expressive
    Legato Agile
    Legato Fingered
    Ostinato Arpeggio Legato slow/fast

Spiccatissimo
    Spiccato
    Spiccato Exposed
    Staccato
    Staccato Bold
    Martele FFF
    Portato Short
    Portato Long
    Repetitions slow/fast
    Blurred Spiccato
    Blurred Staccato
    Blurred Portato

Flageolet Sustain
    Sustain Soft
    Sustain Immediate
    Sustain Accented
    Sustain Expressive Dyn (Short expr.)
    Sustain Expressive Dyn (Long expr.)

Sul Ponticello Leg
    Sul Ponticello Tremolo
    Sul Ponticello Tremolo Accented
    Sul Ponticello Staccato
    Sul Ponticello Sustain
    Sul Tasto Legato
    Sul Tasto Portato Short
    Sul Tasto Portato Long
    Sul Tasto Sustain Immediate
    Sul Tasto Sustain Soft
    Sul Tasto Tremolo

• last edited
    last edited

@daviddln said:

Who is begging for more? This is a discount that VSL themsleves have introduced and are advertising everywhere, both on their own site and from authorised retailers.

No one made VSL do this, other than VSL themselves. I suspect this was never the plan (ie they thought this would been released , with the early bird offer ended before the December voucher offer) . I suspect that due to the delay, it has now created this slightly awkward situation whereby those that pre-ordered first have ended up paying 100 euro/dollars more.

• last edited
    last edited

@HSM1 said:

Actually, I do use other libraries such as Berlin Strings, Spitfire Audio Chamber Strings/Symphonic Strings and only reason I ever used anyone else was too much better legato script, short note attacks and huge detail sampled short/long articulations, etc. You didn't just take user feedback seriously.

Legato Agile
    Legato Fingered

Spiccatissimo
    Spiccato
    Spiccato Exposed
    Staccato
    Staccato Bold
    Martele FFF
    Portato Short
    Portato Long
    Repetitions slow/fast
    Blurred Spiccato
    Blurred Staccato
    Blurred Portato

Flageolet Sustain
    Sustain Soft
    Sustain Immediate
    Sustain Accented

Sul Ponticello Leg
    Sul Ponticello Tremolo
    Sul Ponticello Staccato
    Sul Ponticello Sustain
    Sul Tasto Legato
    Sul Tasto Portato Short
    Sul Tasto Portato Long
    Sul Tasto Sustain Soft
    Sul Tasto Tremolo

Just wait for Synchron-Strings II to have most of the Articulations covered. Synchron-Strings I is of course the basic set.

However it even seems to me that each of the Articulations in Synchron-Strings I has much more "under the hood" that the simple "list" of single artticulations is no longer the right reference to compare.

• last edited
    last edited

@HSM1 said:

Legato Agile
    Legato Fingered

Spiccatissimo
    Spiccato
    Spiccato Exposed
    Staccato
    Staccato Bold
    Martele FFF
    Portato Short
    Portato Long
    Repetitions slow/fast
    Blurred Spiccato
    Blurred Staccato
    Blurred Portato

Flageolet Sustain
    Sustain Soft
    Sustain Immediate
    Sustain Accented

Sul Ponticello Leg
    Sul Ponticello Tremolo
    Sul Ponticello Staccato
    Sul Ponticello Sustain
    Sul Tasto Legato
    Sul Tasto Portato Short
    Sul Tasto Portato Long
    Sul Tasto Sustain Soft
    Sul Tasto Tremolo

Just wait for Synchron-Strings II to have most of the Articulations covered. Synchron-Strings I is of course the basic set.

However it even seems to me that each of the Articulations in Synchron-Strings I has much more "under the hood" that the simple "list" of single artticulations is no longer the right reference to compare.

Hopefully in the near future 2025 or 2027, Synchron-Strings version VI probably!

• @HSM1

I think VSL has one of the best legatos out there. The "problem" is only to set up a matrix which is very time-consuming. But I like and appreciate it, and for me it has so many advantages compared to other libraries. When you buy a non-VSL library, you have a fixed articulation mapping.

I do not own any other library (apart from Composer Cloud X), but I watched many review videos only to understand how articulations in other libraries are mapped. In VI (Pro) you can do everything, you can set up your own behaviours via crossfading, speed or velocity. Endless possibilites, this is far superior to everything else in my opinion.

Orchestral Strings has, in fact, nearly all the articulations you mentioned in your post. You can "copy" each (!) while combining patches. And the best thing is probably the performance trills, so you do not need to switch to a trill articulation. I miss that in other libraries, some have very bad fast legatos as well.

I hope there will be a kind of performance trills in the Synchron Series.

• There is a new demo on Guy Bacos's website called "The Hatchling" which is written for strings. Maybe the Synchron Strings I ?

• I keep seeing posts asking about articulations that are literally already listed on the page...

Legato – regular 8 velocity layers
    Legato – slurred 8 velocity layers
    Legato – fast 8 velocity layers, 6 variations

Slurred legato is there.

Fast legato is there.

The fast legato has 6 variations - that makes it also work as a performance trill. That was the whole point of performance trills; many different legato transitions so you don't get machine gunning on trills.

• last edited
    last edited

@daviddln said:

There is a new demo on Guy Bacos's website called "The Hatchling" which is written for strings. Maybe the Synchron Strings I ?

Clever.

Now offline. 

• last edited
    last edited

@HSM1 said:

Legato Agile
    Legato Fingered

Spiccatissimo
    Spiccato
    Spiccato Exposed
    Staccato
    Staccato Bold
    Martele FFF
    Portato Short
    Portato Long
    Repetitions slow/fast
    Blurred Spiccato
    Blurred Staccato
    Blurred Portato

Flageolet Sustain
    Sustain Soft
    Sustain Immediate
    Sustain Accented

Sul Ponticello Leg
    Sul Ponticello Tremolo
    Sul Ponticello Staccato
    Sul Ponticello Sustain
    Sul Tasto Legato
    Sul Tasto Portato Short
    Sul Tasto Portato Long
    Sul Tasto Sustain Soft
    Sul Tasto Tremolo

Hopefully in the near future 2025 or 2027, Synchron-Strings version VI probably!

Whoah!  I'm impressed.  This guy got a list of articulations from his "Beginning Orchestration" book. 

• last edited
    last edited

@daviddln said:

There is a new demo on Guy Bacos's website called "The Hatchling" which is written for strings. Maybe the Synchron Strings I ?

Clever.

Now offline. 

Wow, the strings sound really good. And great composition. Congratulations. I can't wait!

• last edited
    last edited

@Eptesicus said:

No one made VSL do this, other than VSL themselves.
    I apologize for repeating myself, but this is exactly the point why I don't understand all this complaining. Neither did VSL make anyone to buy anything before more things were made aware for the buying customers. Buyers themselves made their desicions. No one forced them. I don't mean to be rude, just fair.