Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,493 users have contributed to 42,303 threads and 255,089 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• Well if you don't care what is in VE Pro by default, just hitting-Command _S in any Mac DAW (Control-S in WIndows I beleiev) should save the project. 

Then you can open VE Pro and then just load youir DAW project that was saved coupled and it will populate VE Pro for you.

• last edited
    last edited

@Ashermusic said:

Well if you don't care what is in VE Pro by default, just hitting-Command _S in any Mac DAW (Control-S in WIndows I beleiev) should save the project. 

Then you can open VE Pro and then just load youir DAW project that was saved coupled and it will populate VE Pro for you.

I like starting with an empty/clean slate. It's all this business with saving VEProjects and VEServerProjects that seems like it has to figure in there somehow. I know about saving the latter which happens outside the daw s/w because the session might get corrupted. But really how much is necessary to do in a daw save procedure so things open up okay the next time around. I just hate to waste steps if they're not necessary.

• last edited
    last edited

@Ashermusic said:

Well if you don't care what is in VE Pro by default, just hitting-Command _S in any Mac DAW (Control-S in WIndows I beleiev) should save the project. 

I like starting with an empty/clean slate. It's all this business with saving VEProjects and VEServerProjects that seems like it has to figure in there somehow. I know about saving the latter which happens outside the daw s/w because the session might get corrupted. But really how much is necessary to do in a daw save procedure so things open up okay the next time around. I just hate to waste steps if they're not necessary.

Forgive me if I am bering dense, but you cannot have an empty server project asnd a decoupled Pro Tools session and expect there to be anything. If you are coupled in your Pro Tools project then as I said it will populate VE Pro for you and you need not save anything in VE Pro.

• last edited
    last edited

@Ashermusic said:

Forgive me if I am bering dense, but you cannot have an empty server project asnd a decoupled Pro Tools session and expect there to be anything. If you are coupled in your Pro Tools project then as I said it will populate VE Pro for you and you need not save anything in VE Pro.

You're missing what I wrote in my last post. I want a blank server project when I start working - don't know how you missed that. Sure the thing will have vi's in it as I work and save said session - the server won't be blank then. Never said anything abvout having a blank server project when I save the PT (or DP) session.

• When you open VE Prfo first, you HAVE a  blank server project. When you open your DAW project if it has VE Pro instances that are decoupled and not connected, they don't connect to anything until you connect it.

I am sorry I am just not clear what you are trying to accomplish that does not happen pretty much by default.

• last edited
    last edited

@Ashermusic said:

When you open VE Prfo first, you HAVE a  blank server project. When you open your DAW project if it has VE Pro instances that are decoupled and not connected, they don't connect to anything until you connect it.

I am sorry I am just not clear what you are trying to accomplish that does not happen pretty much by default.

I get what you're saying. What you're NOT getting is the question I repeatedly ask: what all needs to be done when saving a project in one's daw of choice? I read about saving VEpro instances and saving VEPro server instances but is that necessary when saving inside a daw? I know I read somewheres about saving the VEPro server project in case the daw session gets corrupted but again - is that necessary? If you can't answer that then there's no further need for you to reply here.

• Hi musicman691, 

Like Jay said: Simply save your song, whatever DAW you are using. VE PRO will remember everything you have loaded. 

This should also be VERY easy to test with a simple project, if you are still unsure how it works. 

Best, 

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi musicman691, 

Like Jay said: Simply save your song, whatever DAW you are using. VE PRO will remember everything you have loaded. 

This should also be VERY easy to test with a simple project, if you are still unsure how it works. 

Best, 

Paul

Understood and I understand the thing about saving the VEP server project separate from the daw session in case the daw session gets corrupted and understand that's an optional thing. A simple notation section in the manual of how and what to save when working with a daw session and saving said daw session would be a good thing. Like I said the manual covers a lot of things but not this basic step.

Normally I can pick up on concepts easily but VEPro 6 with the various save options wasn't one of those.

Thanks for the help.

• Hi, 

We have not had this question yet, but I'll see how we can improve the manual with a next version!

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, 

We have not had this question yet, but I'll see how we can improve the manual with a next version!

Best, 
    Paul

Much appreciated. Nice to be on a forum where someone from the developer actually takes an active part in discussions and helping to solve issues.