Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,314 users have contributed to 42,291 threads and 255,047 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 54 new user(s).

• HI there! have you found a solution with the problem?
    I got the same problem. I hoped that with the last update it will be solved, but all the same.
    please tell me if there is a solution.

• Hello VEP6 colleagues,

I'm afraid I don't have a solution to this either.  However, I have some observations since upgrading from Steinberg Nuendo 7 to Nuendo 8:

1. My VEP6 servers and their libraries are taking around 8 times longer to load (I have 3 IBM Windows servers each with 256GB memory and 48 CPUs).  The biggest instance which contains all Spitfire Strings libraries now takes about 90 minutes to load.  With Nuendo 7 it took about 20 minutes. Interestingly loading this instance in to a VEP6 server connected to the NAS by Thunderbolt2 and running on a MacPro 6,1 only takes 15 minutes to load - go figure!!

2. Nuendo 8 is often crashing or hanging for no apparent reason, though I have found it seems to be when loading Spitfire's bigger libraries (such as Symphonic Strings and Symphonic Brass) in to a remote VEP6 server

3. Nuendo 8 will often freeze for up to 20 to 30 minutes, or even crash when loading remote VEP6 server libraries if there are mp4 video and .wav audio tracks.  This doesn;t happen with Nuendo 7 or LogicPro.

4. Nuendo 8 hangs whenever I try to load EW Play libraries on a remote server.  But on the same machine as Nuendo this is not causing this problem and VEP6 server libraries with Play and EW instances load and play without any issues.

5.  VEP6 servers often appear to freeze when loading large instances (could this have something to do with the Kontakt RAM limits mentioned earlier in this thread?).  For example the Spitfire Strings library will often freeze for up to 5 minutes before continuing to load the instance.  This happens when Nuendo 8 is loaded first, and it happens when Nuendo 8 is loaded after the VEP6 servers are loaded (with Nuendo 7, we used to load up the Nuendo project first, and then load the VEP6 servers, but this approach is no longer reliable with Nuendo 8).

6.  VEP6 always crashes now when unloading or closing VEP6 for larger libraries and instances - or at least it freezes after about 5 minutes after clicking on VEP6-File->Exit in Windows.  I have left it alone for up to 30 minutes, and then killed the VEP6 process due to inactivity and task manager indicating the process has either been 'paused' or 'is not responding'.  The same happens when the larger libraries are loaded in to a VEP6 server on a MacPro 6,1 when I try to close down the VEP6 server.

I'm guessing most of the above issues are related to Nuendo 8, and have now decided to stop using Nuendo 8 for the time being, as it is wasting too much of my time. After all I'm a composer, not an I.T. engneer :-)

Hope this helps in some small way,

Jon

• Same problem here. Ve pro hangs when connecting Nuendo 7 to Ve pro. It happens only with Orchestral Tools libraries. Using Mac Pro 5.1 Sierra 10.12.5 (16F73), Nuendo 7.1.35, Ve Pro 6.0.16068.

• Hello laurikoivisto,

Did you try to split the OT samples into more than one single VEP instance? This solved my case.

As you can read from my previous post, I had everything loaded into one single VEP instance (8 Kontakt inside) and I solved the issue by splitting all into 7 VEP Instances (full of OT and many other samples of course).

Hope it helps,

Andrea

• i tried that! i put all the woodwinds to one instance, saved, closed nuendo and ve pro, opened the session again and it froze again :( maybe i should try again... 

• Could you give me specifications about how much RAM are you using on one kontakt or any other information? 

• Ok, do you have woodwinds loaded into more than a single Kontakt?

It may occurs also if you have one single Kontakt with a lot of Ram loaded in and you open a new Kontakt instance into the same Vep instance.

My case: 

First VEP (named "STRINGS I") --> KONTAKT --> 11.25 GB of Ram loaded.

If I add another Kontakt in the same VEP instance, everything freezes; so I opened another VEP with a single Kontakt full of STRINGS II..and so on.

It happens to me only with OT samples, otherwise I can load whatever I want in a single VEP instance (8 Kontakt full of every kind of samples).

That number, 11.25 GB, is the biggest amount of RAM for a single Kontakt in my template.

• So do you have a Ve Pro instance for every OT instrument?

• Here is my VEP setup:

VEP I -   One Kontakt full (16 OT patches) 

VEP II -  One Kontakt (full OT)

VEP III - One Kontakt( full OT)

VEP IV - Three Kontakt (full) + 2 other VST

VEP V -  Six Kontakt (full) + 2 other VST

VEP VI - Three Kontakt (full)

As you can see, the first three single instances are the only ones related to OT samples.

• last edited
    last edited

Hi,

The latest version VE PRO 6 .0.16178 should take care of these troubles.

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL