Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,115 users have contributed to 42,275 threads and 254,983 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 37 new user(s).

• Janicek thank you so much!

And what if I connect the keyaboard to  my Windows VEP machine? WIll it change something? I never saw any purpose to do it but obviously it is possible to make a long USB cable and connect.

Will I see the Kontakt controls on the keyboard? Will I be able to record to my host this way? The VEP machine does not have sound, it has only the internet

• Doubt it will work, have not tried it. But until either NI or VSL work together to develop a version of VEP that supports Komplete Kontrol, basically an NKS compatible version of the VEP server plugin I am afraid its not going to work.

• last edited
    last edited

Oh so we need to ask until they do it...

So only midi mode with CC does work?

And what did you mean by: "Originally Posted by: Janicek ?? Does it work or not?

Actually VEP is already compatible with NKS. A single instance of Komplete Kontrol loads in VEP fine and there is full communication with the keyboard.

• last edited
    last edited

VSL has to modify VI and VE to receive and send NKS commands to the KK

This is the list of plug-ins compatible with NKS :

Plug-ins compatible with NKS

So far VSL is not in the list ! may be tomorow ;)

• VSL. WHEN??? People demand

• +1 !! Need lightguide! ASAP!!!

• +1. Actually to my surprise, unlike instrument player and VI Pro, Vienna Imperial works out of the box with Komplete Kontrol; i.e. All CC's work , parameters can be controlled with knobs, labels are laid out Correctly, again out of the box. I have an S-88.

• I have only VSL orchestra that was in the bundle with VEP. So can someone confirm how it is? I cannot see any labels of faders in my S61 NI keyboard. while loading any instrument in VEP

• You should read my previous posts !

• I am asking about Vienna Ensemble Pro not about Vienna Symophonic LIbrary

• > I am asking about Vienna Ensemble Pro not about Vienna Symophonic LIbrary

VSL = VI/VI PRO + VE,/VE PRO

• VSL? Transmitting KK commands between masters and slaves is a HUGE deal. They need to support NKS.

• Any update on LightGuide support? Having no visual keyswitch indication on my S-Series controller is a real bummer..

• Hello Paul,

Any update on this as its been some months now. I am sure it must be possible?

Surely if the VEP plugin was made NKS compatible it would be possible to load it inside an instance of Komplete Kontrol in the DAW and have it communicate with the hardware?

I have tried and while it does not work, it does show something happening.

I also tried loading an instance of the VEP server plugin in the DAW and connecting to VEP with a Komplete Kontrol plugin in a rack. This is the closest to working, but it can only manage to load one instance as DAW feedback gets broken and so Track Focus does not work.

• Hi, 

No updates there, but it is still on the list. 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Thanks, lets hope 2018 finds solution as for me the keyboard is unfulfilled as I rely heavily on VEP!

• Any news on this?

• Hi, 

No news since yesterday, I'm afraid. 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi, what about today Paul??

we are a couple of us just waiting  for a solution; in my case i´m not gonna get VEP, till this will be solved..

you´re a GOOD brand!!, time to show it!!

yours.

• If it does display the name of controls on the kbd, it is NKS compatible,  othersise not

More and more users are asking this ! we have to wait for the kindness of VSL

Same for AU3 support ;)