Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,936 users have contributed to 42,264 threads and 254,951 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 7 new post(s) and 49 new user(s).

• With  a whole bunch of multi-output VE Pro instances with multiple auxes, ats ome point you will still hit a wall. Why is 7 aux tracks better than 16 MIDI trarcks for automating 16 MIDI channels?You have to double up if you want to see discrete cc11 for MIDI Ch, 1, 2, etc. ?

What am I Missing here?

• Geroge may be on to something here. More VE Pro projects within an m-frame and my friend Peter Schwartz's SkiSwitcher envrionment object may be a good way to go for us Logic guys. I am experimenting and liking what I am seeing so far.

http://www.peterschwartzmusic.com/skiswitcher.html

• last edited
    last edited

@Ashermusic said:

With  a whole bunch of multi-output VE Pro instances with multiple auxes, ats ome point you will still hit a wall. Why is 7 aux tracks better than 16 MIDI trarcks for automating 16 MIDI channels?You have to double up if you want to see discrete cc11 for MIDI Ch, 1, 2, etc. ?

What am I Missing here?

Hi If I understand the OP correctly, he is using the 'old-school' MIDI Multi-Instrument object cabled up to an Instrument channel in the Environment, (with MIDI tracks in the Arrange, possibly with additional Aux channels to work around the 'old' Logic way of doing things), or using "Multi-timbral" Instrument tracks and additional Aux tracks for the Outputs ("doubling up")? I think you may be missing this... http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=93461 http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=87433 You don't have to "double up", and you are not working with "MIDI tracks". You are really working with Instrument tracks and Aux channels that act as 'secondary' Instrument tracks.You can do "discrete CC11" for the Aux tracks, just as you would for regular Instrument tracks. Again, unless I am similarly missing something? JM

• Yes but you cannot SEE them discretely with 7 auxes vs 16 MII channels. It is simply math.

• last edited
    last edited

@Ashermusic said:

Yes but you cannot SEE them discretely with 7 auxes vs 16 MII channels. It is simply math.

Hi My example was with Omnisphere: 8 tracks (1 Instrument plus 7 Aux), your example is 16 MIDI channels: 16 tracks (in my case 1 Instrument plus 15 Aux=16) Clearly, we are at odds over this, as I cannot deciper what it is that you cannot SEE discretely (and maths are not my strongpoint). Oh well. JM

• Hi Martin,

Yea, we really wish Logic would do some work around how it uses cores and other things. I know Apple has said they are working on Logic X, but I have to admit I'm loosing faith that thy really are, or if it does come one day, what it will and will not be...

George

• This is working out great so far! 18 v-frames on my PC and 18 on my Mac, 1 Logic track for each instrument (thanks to the SkiSwitcher) running at about 20% CPU.

How do you attach pics in this forum? I don't see an icon.

• last edited
    last edited

@Ashermusic said:

(...) How do you attach pics in this forum? I don't see an icon.

Use a free image hosting server like http://postimage.org/ to upload and paste the direct link (or the thumbnail) into your message.

HTH,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Wow, this is the only forum I am on where you cannot do so directly.

• last edited
    last edited

@georgelegeriii said:

Hello,I'm using Windows 7 and VEPRo server 64 and I'm creating a template that requires 1 V-Frame per part: 1 string instance= 1 V-frame. I'm finding that I can only reach a maximum of 32 v-frames and my template will crash on the creation of the 33d, or in another case I was able to make 40 v-frames that were empty, but I have never been able to open it again since I made it, it crashes every time I try and actually open it.Can anybody tell me IF there is a maximum number of V-Frames one can host in a VEPRo 5 server (64bit), also how many maximum outputs can be connected to a networked master (Logic Pro 9.1.8 on a Mac Pro 12 core 3.x GHz, 48 GB ram, OS 10.7.5)?Windows 7 Pro, Play 3.0.47, VEPro 5.1.12219.