Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,093 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 38 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• Peppercorn Piano Concerto #2 in D Major

last edited
    last edited

Here is the final movement from my Piano Concerto #2 in D Major:

3. Allegro ma non troppo

I'm hoping to get Dimension Strings in the near future. However, this was done with Special Eds. 1 and 2 (the best I can do at the moment). The piano is the Bösendorfer from the VSL Special Eds. Thank you.

• Mr. Peppercorn,
    I'm a fan of yours and let me tell that you are able to achieve the greatest results just already from SEs,
    both in sonics and performance.
    And then there's a solid musical ground to build on.
    Bravo.

VI Special Edition 1-3, Reaper, MuseScore 3, Notion 3 (collecting dust), vst flotsam and jetsam
  • Thank you kindly Fabio. I appreciate your comments!

• Hi Wayne,

Again a fantastic performance of wonderful classical music. Great piano, very nice piano part and a most fitting orchestral setting, which is with the SE strings a fine achievement. Absolutely great! Congratulations.

There's one small remark or question. What do you do with the master recording after rendering? Do you use a DAW with a normaliser? I think you should. The overall volume is a little weak. That doesn't alter any of the dynamic levels, it just brings up the general level to the highest possible point without going in the red zone.

Many congrats,

Max

• Thank you Max.

You are so right about the overall volume. I have an explanation for that.....I forgot! It's called "getting old". I use Sonar X1 and have several plug-ins I use to master... I just simply forgot to use it on this piece. I appreciate the observation. I think I will wait to get the first and second movements into VSL and then master the whole piece together.

It's such a bummer getting old and forgetful! But hey, every day I wake up is a new opportunity to enjoy life...and music making!

• Hi Wayne,

Getting old can be a blessing as well: being able to look back on such an amount of magnificent compositions of very good quality is a joy and it hasn't ended yet. There's so much experience and inspiration to go on with it... Minor technical issues can be overcome easily and I'm sure you will handle this as you've always done: with respect for the listener and the music!

All the best,

Max

• Beautiful! I had no idea the SE piano could sound so realistic. As a recent SE purchaser (only vol1) it's great to know you can get these nice results. 

• PaulP Paul moved this topic from Orchestration & Composition on