Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,200 users have contributed to 42,282 threads and 255,007 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 21 new post(s) and 66 new user(s).

• charles, I apologize for in essence misreading your post.  There have been times where questions about the lack of loops have seemingly gone in that direction... but that is besides the point.  I made a very bad assumption.  Again, please accept my apology.

• Hi Noldar12,

Well, thanks! I do appreciate it and I offer my regrets if I sounded annoyed! 

Peace,

Charles

• last edited
    last edited

@noldar12 said:

this issue comes up fairly frequently.

Is it covered in the manual?

• I am glad I came across this thread, as it answered a whole lot of questions for me...

• last edited
    last edited

@nektarios said:

I am glad I came across this thread, as it answered a whole lot of questions for me...

Excellent! I am glad these posts stay here after all these years. 

•  So I guess, since I tend to use lower velocities in my compositions, this probably means bow change samples don't get triggered?

• Hi Herb, I don't understand how to retrigger a note. I am currently using solo violin sus vib, I have a long sustained note. I have divided it in to separate notes, assuming this is what retriggering means. What happens is that the previous sample seems to simply stop at the end of the first note, then when the second note triggers it resumes without a re-bow at the same sample position, and ends up stopping before the end of the second note, (even though both notes are the same!). I saw somewhere online there is an advanced setting where you can set the delay before a retrigger happens, but I can't find any more settings or information. Can you please tell me exactly what I have to do to "retrigger" a sustained note? Thanks, Derek

• Is it something to do with the dynamics?

• Hi dezkirkup,

Leave as little space as possible between the notes. One idea is to use a sustain pedal when you retrigger.

Does that help?

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

Thank you for this, tip, Paul. And thank you, everyone, for your inputs. This workaround with the sus really helped me out a lot. I'm glad I found this thread.

- Gino

@Paul said:

Hi dezkirkup,

Leave as little space as possible between the notes. One idea is to use a sustain pedal when you retrigger.

Does that help?

Best,

Paul

• a looped version of the sustain would be very welcome to use the solo strings as a layer with other libraries (like first chair in dimension strings). the sustain loop should contain the bow change.

please please :-)