Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,071 users have contributed to 42,273 threads and 254,977 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• Thanks for the template. I am new to Logic, having mostly used DP for years.

I can get the 16 port template to work with one of my instances. However, in DP with the new MAS version of VEP, I can have 16 ports each on multiple instances. Is there any template in the works which will allow me to multiple instances, each with 16 ports? Please advise, because right now I am finding Logic limited in this regard. 

• last edited
    last edited

@Sami Boman said:

Thanks for this new multiport setup. I think it's really good. Would it be too hard to make some kind of a step by step istruction how it was built up? I'm using VE Pro on two computers and I'm trying to build up another similar set of instuments and ports to the same project in the Logic midi environment that I could then route to another software instrument track and through that to my slave computer.

Is it clear what I'm trying to do here, is this message understandable?

Yes, it would be great to have these step-by-step instructions. Then I could do, as Sami said, assign a new set of ports to a different slave or to another instance in the current metaframe I am using. Please - would it at all be possible to show us how you created this template? Thanks.

Charles

• last edited
    last edited

@Sami Boman said:

Thanks for this new multiport setup. I think it's really good. Would it be too hard to make some kind of a step by step istruction how it was built up? I'm using VE Pro on two computers and I'm trying to build up another similar set of instuments and ports to the same project in the Logic midi environment that I could then route to another software instrument track and through that to my slave computer.

Is it clear what I'm trying to do here, is this message understandable?

Yes, it would be great to have these step-by-step instructions. Then I could do, as Sami said, assign a new set of ports to a different slave or to another instance in the current metaframe I am using. Please - would it at all be possible to show us how you created this template? Thanks.

Charles

In an upper post I have proposed you to test a version that is working with two slave.

If this is working I could make a version with any number of slave.

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • I was able to copy, in the environment window, the existing template and allow 32 ports (412 channells). All is well, thanks! I do have a question for anyone regarding this template: It would appear that ALL channels are controlled by the master fader of the main instrument - there is no individual control for each MIDI channel. Does anyone know how to get individual volume fader control using this template? Thanks. 

• last edited
    last edited

@anastasia said:

Thank you for the template!

How would I go about extending this template for more than one instance of VE Pro?

This is exactly what I'd like to know too. Could someone please help with this?

Hello Anastasia - I have created a version with 2 16 port instances/ 512 MIDI channels. I'll send it to you if you wish. My problem is I can't seem to get individual fader control of each MIDI channel. Have you figured this out?

Charles

• last edited
    last edited

@charles_30783 said:

Hello Anastasia - I have created a version with 2 16 port instances/ 512 MIDI channels. I'll send it to you if you wish. My problem is I can't seem to get individual fader control of each MIDI channel. Have you figured this out?

Charles

you need to use CC 11 instead of CC 7

You can convert your CC 7 to CC 11 by a transformer

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • I'll give it a shot, thanks. Does this mean that the channel faders will now be controlling 11 rather than 7 and will allow individual controller 11 per channel? 

• Thanks again, Cyril - this seems to work well. It will take some getting used to ( I am a long time DP user) but I think I can make do with this method. 

• On my side I have convert Fader 7 message to CC7 and it worked to.

• last edited
    last edited

@charles_30783 said:

I'll give it a shot, thanks. Does this mean that the channel faders will now be controlling 11 rather than 7 and will allow individual controller 11 per channel? 

The volume of the instrument can be controled by CC 7 or CC 11

Other controler should work if you define the good channel number

• last edited
    last edited

Hello guys,

Check out the new Public Beta Multiport Templates in this new thread.

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@FredB said:

On my side I have convert Fader 7 message to CC7 and it worked to.

Hi Fred - How did you do that? 

• Hello expert,

I am trying to use Mutiport setup to have a big orchestra but as I see a big orchestra wants a strong Computer. What I get mostly are pops and drops. I'm using RME FIREFACE UFX external audio unite which has MIDI Pot 1 and MIDI Port 2. My question is. If I can use this two Ports could it be possible to use two instances to enlarge my Orchertra with better sounds? Thanks in advance

==========

Master -Mac Mini 2.3 Ghz Intel Core i5, 8 GB, System HD on Toshiba 500 GB, Mac OS X 10.10.5.

Logic PRO X(10.2),  RME FIREFACE UFX,

———

Slave -MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB, Systen on Intel SSD 180 GB, Mac OS X 10.10.5.

VI Pro 2, VE Pro 5,  VSL Sounds, VS, MIR PRO,

• Other than having more ports, are they more efficient in some way?  I don't need more ports, but I'd certainly redo my template if they had a positive effect on performance.

Thanks.

• Sub faders are not working ??

Hi everyone. This new multiport template looks great. I would love to be able to control the volume of each port. Every port has a sort of master track "VE Pro 1 MIDI Port 1" with a fader assigned to "sub1". But manipulating the fader does not give any response. Is this normal? Can it be used to control the volume of the port?

Thanks!

Flemming

• If you want to control the volume at the port level you need to insert Controlers in the Environnement on each port

• last edited
    last edited

Thanks Cyril, not sure what you mean, because on port level there's already a fader that reacts perfectly on my hardware controller (mackie protocol), but it does not change the volume. Do you mean that this fader in the environment is not assigned to anything and needs to be assigned somehow? I'm a long time Logic user but have never really understood the environement... 

Maybe it is easier to setup using aux-channels to control each port level. If this is possible ? 

@Cyril said:

If you want to control the volume at the port level you need to insert Controlers in the Environnement on each port

• Seems i have a dumb issue. 

With instruments on the 1st port i have no problem. (All midi that goes into the 1st instance of VEP)

With the second port (2nd instance channels) i dont get the setup to work the same way. same for 3rd and 4th etc. 

Everything seems to be setup the same way as port 1.  did i miss somehting obvious? 

in the pix attached you see were i have selected the track? i cannot play that but i can the tracks above. 

the intances of EW you see its the same way. 

• If you want we can do a Skype session and you can show me what you want exactly and I will tell you what to do

; my user is cyrillinda

• Thanks Cyril, that's a really nice offer. I will PM you. :-)