Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,355 users have contributed to 42,293 threads and 255,055 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

The missing Output Format is available here for the next 14 days.

Thanks for your patience,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  •  Okay, thanks.

NOTE: I had to edit the XML in the file, because it says .... MozartS M2 EXPORT. Changed that by removing the EXPORT and now the MIR project loads fine.

However, there still is no sound. The meter on the top right does not move, though it works if I create a new project.

But I cannot guarantee that there is another flaw with my settings ...

EDIT: It says ... could not load VSL Compressor x64, VSL Equalizer x64

I'm running Cubase 6 x64.

Best,

Till

• 8-) ... the "Export" was my fault - obviously I forgot to remove it from the name, trying to deliver it as fast as possible. Just rename the file and you're fine.

Did you check if the Vienna Instruments included in the tutorial MIR project have loaded properly? Careful - they are "RAM Optimzed", so only those samples are loaded that were used for Jay Bacal's realization of the included MIDI file of that piece. Do you hear anything when clicking the VI's virtual keyboard?

How did you connect MIR with Cubase? LoopBe30? Do you see incoming MIDI data being indicated in the Instrument List? Do the "Magic Eyes" of the MIR-Icons show any audio activity?

Is the MIR engine actually STARTed? (That would be the button on the left of the Venue Selection bar).  .... I was cought by that myself just recently. ;-)

HTH,

• last edited
    last edited

@TillS said:

[...]

EDIT: It says ... could not load VSL Compressor x64, VSL Equalizer x64

[...]

This means that you either don't have these Vienna Suite plugins installed on that system, or MIR doesn't know yet where to look for them. Please add the path in MIR's Options > Audio Settings > Plugins Tab.

•  Yes, that's okay and thanks for the ultra quick response! Notice: I had to change the XML data IN the file as well.

To keep it simple I did not connect to Cubase for the time being. I wanted to do that as a next step to reduce sources for errors. I simple tried to trigger the sounds with the masterkeyboard. I see the midi indicator within MIR light up, The Engine is started.

Maybe it is really related to the RAM optimization in a way. But probably there are more reasons why I can get no sound. What is kind of strange is that there In fact is no (visible) sample loading after the MIR project is loaded.

Well, I "only" got the VSL Speicial Edition Plus Extended. If I replace 01 Flute 1 Basic with 02S Flute 1, the Flute can be heared. Do I need Symphonic Cube for the Demo?

TFTH,
    Till

• Yes, at least AFAIR. Clear the optimizations in the Instrument List Window ("Reset All") and see what happens. Any VSL instrument that licensed to run on your system will now load until RAM is filled up ;-)

Best,

•  Tadaaa... none. The setup is completely based on the VSL SC versions. I think the instrument/patch names do not match with the ones in VSL SE.

VSL SE Plus Extended simply isn't enough ...  :-)

At least I now know how to get some sound. I'll play with positioning instruments on the stage and see how I like it anyway.

Best and thanks for helping,

Till

• You're welcome! BTW: There are some dedicated MIR SE-demos available, too, for example:

-> [URL]http://www.vsl.co.at/Player2.aspx?Lang=1&DemoID=5775[/URL]

.... more here:

-> [URL]http://www.vsl.co.at/en/211/497/1687/1913/1921/1556.htm[/URL]

HTH,

•  I tried the "reset all" tip and if you "only" have 24Go RAM (my case), forget it ! [H]

• Is there somewhere a demo of "Battle of the heroes" with all the MIR settings etc. that I can open with my DAW? I've founded only an mp3 demo, but got the impression from the original message of this topic that there's a more detailed downloadable demo file somewhere.

• Wow, I happened to bump into that specific demo on my old computer. I've downloaded it some years ago and seem to have forgotten it completely. I just don't have cubase so I can't open it. So now I'm wondering is it made with MIR or MIR PRO?

• I downloaded and installed the trial version of Cubase 7 from the Steinberg site and opened Jay Bacal's Battle of the Heroes Cubase project with that, but I don't get any sound and I'm not sure if it loaded the VSL content properly. I can't seem to find any VSL instruments on the tracks. I don't know is this becuse there isn't any or because I'm a total stranger to the Cubase software. What kind of a setup should I have if I wanted even the dry choral parts to play in Cubase?