Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,219 users have contributed to 42,284 threads and 255,018 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 18 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Hesam Seyed Mousavi said:

library such as Berlin Strings

Are you talking about those library that is not fixed since release, with hanging notes and bad scripting? Good luck then [:D]

• If this thread continues at all, let's try to keep on track...

• Re the request for a sample, not at the moment, but I'd say try the 12 steps, and you can see first hand. Should only take about 10 minutes to set up.

• last edited
    last edited

@garylionelli said:

Re the request for a sample, not at the moment, but I'd say try the 12 steps, and you can see first hand. Should only take about 10 minutes to set up.

Thanks for the reply, but I can't, since I don't have Vienna Equalizer. I'm just generally looking out for audio samples of good-sounding Dim violins, so I have some model in mind as I work with the EQ's available to me.

• Looks like this forum doesn't allow pics to be attached, or I'd send you a pic of the EQ settings...

• last edited
    last edited

Hi,

Demo Licenses for all our software products can be ordered on the product pages when you are logged in as a user, e.g., Vienna Suite (click "try").

These demo licenses work for 30 days/30 starts.

Once the 30 starts are used up, you can recharge them as often as you like by clicking "Maintenance" in the eLicenser Control Center (within 30 days).

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

Looks like this forum doesn't allow pics to be attached, or I'd send you a pic of the EQ settings...

Thanks. I've had success hosting images on [url]http://imgur.com/[/url] and embedding them in posts here using the "img" tag; but if you need your time for other things, I understand.

• Thanks for reply Vizmusic. I´ll try again DS with MIRx, I like it for its sound - solo DS is great, the problem is when I have other instruments - brass, woodwinds, piano, harp, dthe sound changes and the orchestra is not integrate, maybe because I don´t have dimension brass or others full libraries (I have SE), but with Orchestral strings (SE) it sounds better. But I can tell you that Appassionata strings (SE) don´t sound great for me too in the mix! Maybe those are my ears that don´t accept! I´ll try again other templates, maybe the one of garylionelli or Saxer´s once again. Why not? Thanks again!

• Bach -- I'll PM a pic to you...

• It's an interesting topic I can relate to. I found the Dimension Strings to be extremely flexible and playable. They respond so well to cc changes (I use a breath controller) that it's a joy to play. But the raw sound is a bit laid back and slightly veiled to my ears. Maybe it's because of the close micing, I don't know.

I spent quite some time testing different eq-settings and other plugins. Finally I found something I'm currently happy with. It sounds a bit more open with these settings, without becoming overly harsh.

Here's a snippet, first out of the box, then with my settings:

https://soundcloud.com/linos-music/vienna-dimension-ltrings

• Nice...